Chapter 5

Robin felt exhausted as night fell upon the Sand Kingdom. She was laying on her back, almost hanging out of the nest of blankets and pillows they had made within the Royal dragonets room.

Trotzen, Cacti and Snowflake all slept in the same room, so for Robin and Python's visit, they were sleeping with the three royal dragonets.

Beside her, Python was already fast asleep with Cacti sprawled our across his back, Python snoring softly in his sleep. On the other side of Python and Cacti was Trotzen, the darkly coloured SandWing curled up nearly and sleeping softly and silently, her wings tucked around her. On Robin's other side was Snowflake, laying on her stomach with the scroll she was reading to them out loud in her talons.

Robin's eyes were drooping and it felt like time was flying by in a blur. As her eyes closed, she could've sworn she heard someone walk in, the soft tapping of talons walking over to them. She then felt something soft drape itself over her and it only seemed to encourage sleep to try and pull her into a slumber, though her curiosity kept spiking and trying to keep her awake.

She managed to crack her eyes open just in time to see King Meerkat, in the form of Shudder the IceWing, walking out of the room, quietly shutting the door softly as to not make a sound to wake up the sleeping dragonets.

Robin waited a few moments before she reached up with one talon and rubbed at her eyes, trying to run away the tiredness from her golden yellow eyes.

Once she could see clearly enough, she yawned and looked over her shoulder at her friends and her cousin, fast asleep with a blanket draped over them, including Robin. As she looked at them, her eyes landed on the little bit of the scroll she could see from within Snowflake's talons.

That was a strange scroll, she thought. That night, they didn't really act out anything, they mostly just listened to Snowflake read it out to them until they fell asleep, one by one. She remembered that Python was first to fall asleep, Cacti soon after. Robin remembered that she was drifting in and out of sleep. When she woke up, Snowflake had fallen asleep and Trotzen was getting ready to fall asleep, telling Robin "just go back to sleep, you'll be tired in the morning if you don't." before she went to sleep, Robin falling back in and out of sleep.

The hybrid dragonet started to slowly pull herself out from underneath the soft blanket. Once she was out, she made her way over to Snowflake, crouching down beside her sleeping form to look at the scroll, making sure she kept herself quiet in order not to wake the others.

She looked over the scroll, reading over the words written out on the old piece of scroll.

The forgotten continent, she thought. It sounded interesting, new and untouched. Something she wanted to explore. It has to be real, she told herself with a twitch of her tail. And I'm going to find it.

"Robin....?" Whispered a voice from beside her, pulling the dragonet out from her thoughts. She looked over at Snowflake who was tiredly rubbing at her tried solid blue eyes behind her glasses.

"Did I wake you?" Robin asked in a whisper.

"No," Snowflake yawned as she soon stretched her forelegs. "I was starting to wake up anyways."

"Oh."

"What were you," Snowflake yawned. "Doing?"

"Just looking over the scroll again." Robin whispered as her gaze moved back onto the scroll now laying on the floor. "I really want to go see it, it's a new place full of new things! I haven't found anything new in so long and everything feels boring now."

The hybrid dragonet looked back over to her friend. "Wouldn't you like to see somewhere new? To go explore?" She asked Snowflake.

"Well....I don't really like being in new places," Snowflake said softly as she twiddled with her serrated talons. "But it does sound interesting."