Chapter 12

Robin's head was throbbing. It hurt like the three moons had suddenly decided to crash down onto it with all their might. Her chest felt tight and her breathing cake out as struggling wheezing.

Her eyes were sealed shut, unable to open as the laid on warm sand that seemed to be trying to sooth her sore body as cold waves crashed over her lower half, making her body feel confused as though it was trying to figure out weather it was supposed to feel warm or cold.

She didn't know what to feel and to be honest, she didn't even care. All she could focus on was breathing.

Her body felt numb, to numb to move. It scared her. She'd heard the story that Auntie Lavender told her, about her accident in the Sky Kingdom. Auntie Salamander's birthday and the day Lavender told Salamander she loved her back.

The day of her accident where she crashed into the jagged and rocky bottoms of the mountains within the Sky Kingdom.

Robin remembered when she was two years old and Shadowsplitter thought she was old enough to know what happened to her aunt and why she could no longer fly like every other dragon on Pyrrhia, and at such a young age too.

"It was an awful accident," Lavender started at Lavender sat atop of Python's bed, her cousin sitting beside her as he listened to the story he had heard many times before, even before he was adopted into the family by the two hybrids who had grown to love him as their own dragonet. "That day I had bought Salamander a necklace for her hatching day, I wanted it to be one she'd treasure forever. I flew her up above the peak of the tallest mountain and was going to give her the necklace, when something attacked me."

"What was it?" Robin asked, her ears perked up with interest as her golden yellow eyes widened in curiosity as she listened to her aunts story.

"Yeah!" Python added in with a flutter of his little wings. Even though he had heard this story multiple times over, he still showed he same curiosity as those who've never heard it before.

Robin's parents were out with Salamander to walk around town and get them dinner while Lavender told them the story, so it was just he three of them in Robin's aunts hut within the small village that took residence in between a small chunk of territory between the Mud Kingdom, Sky Kingdom and Sea Kingdom.

Lavender looked to hesitate for a moment before she spoke, almost as though she were choosing her next words carefully as though they'd snap at her like an angry fox.

"I didn't know what it was. But it was big and could fly, with talons like that of a dragons and a hawks!" Lavender held up her talons as an example, curling them much like a hawk would if it's talons were clasped onto its prey, about to carry it away.

"Woah." Robin's tail twitched as she leaned forwards to listen, Python doing the same with curiosity and interest flickering in his glittering black eyes.

"It nocked me out of the sky and I fell, really far down, onto the rocks at the base of the mountain." Lavender told them, almost as though she were telling them a legend or a scary story one used to scare young dragonet into behaving and obeying their parents.

"The next thing I knew," she continued with a twitch of her frills. "All I could see was black. I couldn't move, couldn't speak, nothing."

Robin could hear her cousin gasp beside her, shrinking back slightly as though the thought of being unable to do anything scared the SandWing dragonet. Robin did find it scary too, being unable to speak, to walk, fly, anything! It would be really boring and make her sad.

"But, I could hear everything around me."

"You could?" The hybrid dragonet asked with a twitch of her wings that rested at either of her sides.