Chapter 17

Cavansite and Robin both turned their heads to see three HiveWing soldiers, the ones that had been watching them before when they were walking down the main paths within the hive.

Robin noticed how quickly Cavansite tenses up, his antenna quivering slightly before tightly wrapping around his horns.

"Cavansee, right?" One soldier asked with a slightly tilt of their head.

"It's," he paused to take a breath as though choosing his words rather carefully. "It's Cavansite."

"Anyways," one of the soldiers said with a wave of his talons, moving the conversation along. "Who's this?"

"This is um, my little sister Robin." Cavansite quickly said, though he used her real name. Were Robin's even a kind of bird that lived here on Pantala? She didn't know.

"Little sister eh?" One soldier leaned closer to get a look at her with his narrowed back eyes that gleamed like a snakes. "She doesn't look anything like you."

"We share the same mother, but have different fathers!" Robin quickly spoke up, trying to help. "Cavansite and Cinnabar tell me I look very much like my father."

"Really now?"

"Mhm!" She nodded her head.

"Robin, it's 'I look a lot like my father', not I look very much like my father." Cavansite corrected her.

"Blah blah blah blah." She replied in a mocking tone which in turn caused some of the HiveWing guards to snort.

"Robin!"

"Cavansite!" She smiled. It was fun to act childish, she was only four after all.

"Cavansite, considering she's your little sister, I would've thought she'd have better manners." A HiveWing soldier spoke up, one of the few that didn't laugh nor snort.

"She's still really young." Cavansite tried to tell him but quickly shut up as the HiveWing gave a snarl.

"Young or not, keep her in line or else we're going to have problems." Cavansite just silently nodded as the HiveWing turned to look back at the soldiers around him. "Let's get back to our post, we still need to keep an eye out f-"

Robin froze as she saw all the HiveWings suddenly freeze, their bodies going stiff and still. All the HiveWing's, even those in the air had stopped and were just giving there, their wings giving off a soft buzzing sound that started to make her nervous.

SilkWing's passing by also paused, though they were looking around. Some in worry and others in confusion. The hybrid dragonet's eyes widened as she saw the HiveWing's eyes all turn solid white.

Robin could feel Cavansite stiffen beside her before he fanned out his wing more to hide her from sight as the HiveWing's all turned their heads to the left.

"Get him!" They all hissed, all sounding similar as though they were one dragon.

Like a swarm of bees, their wings fanned out before they shot off into the air, the buzz that filled the air seemed to roar in Robin's ears, sending a singular word into her mind.

Danger.

She could feel herself cower more beside Cavansite, almost as though she were trying to hide beneath the sparkling blue SilkWing.

The HiveWings seemed to fly after something, or someone, like a swarm of angered wasps, the buzz of their wings seemed to rattle Robin's bones.

"What's wrong with them?" She asked quietly as she saw some HiveWings dash out of the candy shop to follow suit, their eyes also pure white like shiny pearls.