Chapter 28

Robin felt terror take over her body as she looked into Lychee's pearly white eyes, the eyes that were now controlled by the hive mind. Controlled by the queen of the HiveWing's.

Queen Hornet.

"Finally, I've got you." Hissed Lychee, his tongue flickering like a snakes as he spoke. Though, it didn't sound like his voice, it was an older females voice that was raspy and ragged, one that sent shivers down the young hybrids spine as she started to struggle, flapping her wings hard and kicking out her legs.

Her mind was racing, this was Lychee but it also wasn't at the same time. She didn't want to hurt Lychee but she also needed to get away from him to free herself as the swamp of HiveWing's grew closer, the buzz of their wings sounding more like a roar than a soft hum.

I can't hurt him! Her mind practically screamed as she continued to violently thrash as Lychee held her tighter, his arms seemingly wrapping around her like snakes. But I need to unless I want to get free!

So, with a painful heart, Robin whipped herself around as best she could and with a deep breath, flames bursted out of her jaws. The burning fire grasped onto Lychee's shoulder painfully, making the HiveWing roar out in agony, his grip loosening from around Robin's body, which in turn gave the hybrid dragonet the opportunity she needed to get herself out.

Robin pushed herself away from Lychee with a kick of her hind legs. Her wings shot out to catch herself before she stared to fly as fast as she could, her ears pinned against the sides of her head as the roars of dragons filled her ears.

I need to hide! Her mind was racing along side her heart that was pounding wildly within her chest and loudly within her ears.

"Get her!" She heard HiveWing's roar, the voice of Queen Hornet filling the air.

Robin flapped her wings hard, trying to pick up her speed. SkyWing's were the fastest flyers on Pyrrhia, but she didn't know about here on Pantala. She could hear the HiveWing's gaining on her as her mind raked through each memory she had of what her mother and pop-pop taught her.

"SkyWing's are fast, but one way we can be faster is by copying a falcon." Pop-pop told her as she two were crouched along the edge of a mountain side where they were watching a pair of falcons hunting a flick of small birds.

"How?" Young Robin asked with a tilt of her head.

"Falcons tuck in their wings and dive down, gaining speed as they slam into they prey. Just enough to slam them down, but keeping themselves in the air without crashing."

"So we just do that?"

"Yup, and since you've got wings like me and your mother, you'll have an easier time catching wind to lift yourself up."

Robin felt relief wash over her at the thought of the memory as she cleared her mind to bring herself back to the present. Just like a falcon! Swoop up, tuck in, then dive, she told herself as she looked upwards towards the sky, flapping her wings harder to push herself up, the buzz of the HiveWing's ringing within her ears as they were hot on her tail.

Come on! Come on! She pushed herself harder as she flew up into the sky, the wind rushing past her face harshly, making the hybrid dragonet narrow her golden yellow eyes.

As soon as she broke into a cloud, she tucked in her wings and dove downwards.

"Get them! Don't let the strange one get away!"

The hybrid dragonet saw the sandy plains growing closer and closer with each passing moment. Just a little more!

The seconds ticked by in what felt to be hours, time seemingly slowing down as her wings started to fan out along her sides to catch the wings in order to pull her up into the sky at a high speed. Now! Her wings fully shot out, catching the wind and lifting her up above the ground, the wind whirling past her as she flew quickly without flapping her wings, letting her speed so all the work.