Chapter 29

Robin's golden yellow eyes locked onto the HiveWing queen's solid black ones, reminding her to those of SandWing's who were black like sparkling obsidian while the HiveWing's eyes were as black as a star-less night.

Cinnabar told me how scary looking the Queen was, but I never thought she looked this scary, The hybrid dragonet thought to herself with a twitch of her wings. And she looks really old, she added to herself.

"Good to see you're awake," the Queen said with a hiss, her black tongue flickering much like that of a snakes that was tasting the air. "I hoped you wouldn't be asleep to long."

"Why am I here?" Robin demanded. Good choice of words Robin, she tried to encourage herself. She was Robin, she was never meant to be scared! Afraid of nothing!

"You didn't think I'd let you suddenly disappear into the unknown like you seemingly arose from, did you?"

The SkyWing-NightWing dragonet flinched back slightly, her tail bumping against the wood stuff walls behind her as Queen Hornet made her way into the room, not fully, just taking two steps in while another HiveWing soldier made his way inside. His eyes a pearly white, showing he was under the effects of the hive mind. Now that she looked at his eyes, she could see that the other three soldiers' eyes were also white, under the influence of Queen Hornet's hive mind.

Was Lychee still under her control? That thought sent a shiver down Robin's spine. Was Lychee okay? Did Queen Hornet know about him helping her escape with the others? Does she know where they are?

"An unknown dragon suddenly appears during a bloody sky and then try's to disappear. Something so...unique."

Robin pried her eyes away from Queen Hornet in order to watch the soldier within the room who was watching him with his pearly white eyes, or more so the queen's eyes since she could see through his. It didn't matter where she looked, she'd always be making eye contact with the HiveWing Queen.

Suddenly, there was movement by her side, making her hiss before talons wrapped around her snout, sealing it shit as she was forced to look up at Queen Hornet, the HiveWing's snout to close for the hybrid dragonets comfort.

"You don't look to be a SilkWing or HiveWing, though you have some similarities with the white scales running down your sides. You've got one set of wings, though there's no way you're a LeafWing, you're not green and don't have leaf markings within your membranes."

Along my sides? Robin felt confused until she thought about the white scales that dotted her sides in a line that ran down along the sides of her neck and tail, the ones she got from Shadowsplitter, the ones all NightWing's have. Cavansite had them too, same with Caterpillar and Cinnabar!

"So you have some kind of relation to the dragons here, but what." Robin wanted to speak, but at the same time she didn't, and couldn't.

"Hmmmm." The hum tumbled within the Queen's throat. Robin could only watch as the soldier within the room held up something that made her blood run cold. It looked like a golden muzzle, a bar that would wrap around her snout and another around her head, much like that she'd seen on horses that dragons would use to pull them around, similar to cattle.

The soldier came closer, holding out the golden head harness to put in on Robin. The hybrid dragonet started to thrash around, flapping her wings as she tried to pull herself out of the Queen's grasp, but with her broken wrist and how tired she still felt, it was hopeless.

The head harness was wrapped around Robin's snout, sealing it shut. If she wanted to breath fire to break herself free, she wouldn't be able to. It was lose enough to where she'd be able to speak, though it might be hard.