Chapter 43

Robin stood still, holding her ground under the judging gazes of the HiveWing's. She could hear some of them muttering under their breath, either to themselves or to each other, in hushed tones.

"That's who they want to negotiate with?"

"How could such a skinny dragon do so much?"

"There's more than just one strange dragon."

"They're practically just a dragonet." Hissed one soldier with a twitch of his wings.

A second HiveWing soldier flicked her tail at him, shutting him up with a glare. "A fire breathing dragonet." She hissed quietly as she gave Robin a side glance.

"I've brought the Pyrrhian dragonets, just as you've requested. They're hear to talk with you but have the right to leave whenever they please." Sunflower spoke from behind Robin. Python and Cacti stuck close together while Snowflake and Trotzen stayed beside one another, the large built SandWing dragonet having had rested one of her wings across her sisters back.

I still feel like I should ask Sunflower where she's been this whole time and how these HiveWing's got in contact with her, Robin thinks with a flick of her long tail.

"You've requested our appearance, and here we are." Trotzen hissed as she gave a harsh glare towards the HiveWing's. "Now what do you wish to discuss with us and why only us."

There was a moment of still silence hat washed over the group, one that felt chilling even with the warm of the slowly setting sun above them. Robin's heart felt as though it was about to leap out of her chest from how hard it was pounding with nervousness. She swore that everyone around her could hear it.

"We only wanted to talk with you because you seem to be the ones who can sort this all out." Lady Wasp spoke up, breaking the eerie silence between all of them. "The only ones who'd be willing to listen to us."

Robin's ears perked up with interest, she could feel herself leaning forwards ever so slightly. "Go on." She said with a bob of her head.

"Our sisters gone mad!" Lady Honeybee exclaimed. "All she's been talking about for days is being in control! It's like a never ending cycle!" Her wings buzzed upon her shoulders.

"But that cycle has ended." Lady Wasp hissed softly with a lash of her long tail.

"What do you mean it's ended?" Snowflake piped up nervously. The four members of the HiveWing royal family each looked at one another before Lady Alderfly spoke up.

"Queen Hornet is dead."

"What?"

"How could she be dead?"

"What happened?"

"Dead?"

The whole group each had their own reactions to the newfound information, Robin's reaction was to keep silent. Queen Hornet is dead, Lady Alderfly's words rang throughout Robin's mind like an endless echo bounding off of the smooth walls within a cave, leaping back upon itself like rolling waves within the sea.

"Queen Hornet couldn't survive with the burns. We've never, ever, had to treat burns before, especially none to this degree. The ones within her throat were the worst." Lady Honeybee whispered softly, her ears pouting downwards.

I killed a dragon then, realization dawned upon the hybrid dragonet like a tidal wave. I killed Queen Hornet, another dragon. She had to shake her head to clear the images of Queen Hornet being lit ablaze from the inside by her. I had to, she would've killed me.