Chapter 21

"Snowflake! Python! Trotzen! Cacti!" Robin all but cried as she dashed off to meet them midway, opening her arms and her wings as she was practically pounced upon by the other dragonets.

"You're here! You're finally here!" Snowflake cried.

Robin was practically pinned to the ground as her friends were all on top of her. She had to flutter her wings and push them off in order to stand up, to which she was just swarmed once more with affection and hugs.

"How did you get here?" Cacti asked her as he hugged her tightly.

Python was practically sobbing as he was also one of the dragonets hugging Robin directly, and tightly. "We thought you were gone forever!"

"I could never be gone forever!" Robin exclaimed as she tried her best to hug her friends all tightly. "But I though you all were gone! I didn't think I'd ever see you guys again."

The group of dragonets eventually separated and Robin got a good look at her friends, and she noticed how different they all looked since the last time she'd seen them.

Python didn't look much different, just a little bigger in size but still had his baby face and features. His barbed tail was starting to become more prominent now and its top becoming more pointy. It would continue to sharpen up until he reached the age of eight. That was what Scorpion had told her at least.

Prince Cacti looked bigger as well, he was nearly as tall as Robin, but he was still shorter than her. His shoulders looked broader like his mother's, though he still had ways to go. His frill was longer and the spikes on her cheek bones looked sharper too, along with the one on the tip of his snout.

Princess Trotzen looked a lot like her brother feature wise, though she looked stalkier and her barb was really sharpened up along with her cheek bone spikes. Her frill was much longer and started to swoop off to the side much like her mother's frill.

Princess Snowflake didn't look much different, though her body was starting to take shape and lose its hatchling like look. Her legs were longer, though, she was still the same height as Python. She still had her silver glasses on, though, one of the lenses seemed to be cracked slightly.

"How'd you guys even get here?" Robin blurted out. She wanted to know. Did they follow the star like we'd originally planned? Or did they do something else? How long have they been here? She had so many questions she wanted to ask them.

"After we lost you, we went to search for you but we couldn't find you. The storm was awful and lasted for a while, and in turn it took us as well. We all woke up along the shoreline here and were found by the LeafWing's. They've taken us in and have been keeping us save and hidden from the hives for almost a year now." Cacti started to explain as more LeafWing's started to focus their attention onto the group of dragonets.

"Yeah! Since we were found, Pachira took us in and we've been mostly living with her and her sons ever since." Snowflake nodded with a hum before she turned and looked over her shoulder. "Why don't you meet them?"

Robin followed her friends gaze, soon seeing two LeafWing's. One was about their age and standing their awkwardly while the other was practically a fully grown dragon and just looked to be keeping an eye on them with a frown on his face.

The larger LeafWing's scales were a dark teal-green colour, nearly blue, as his green eyes seemed to pop against his scales. The LeafWing beside him was one Robin could recognize immediately.

It was Thorn.

The LeafWing dragonet made eye contact with Robin for a split second before his ears went down and he looked off to the side, almost in shame.