Chapter 40

Robin stood in a field, one that stretched on as far as the eye could see. It was familiar, all to familiar. She'd been here before, before she left Pyrrhia and once afterwards on Pantala. She hadn't been here in a while and she was confused as of to why she was back.

The wind held a small breeze that felt reliving against Robin's scales, cooling them down from the beating heat of the sun that shown down from high up above in the sky that held up warm peachy coloured clouds.

"Hello?" She called, her voice rolling out across the plains. She listened to it drifting across the grass, almost like that of a echo from within a cave. "Helllooooooooo!" She tried again.

The only reply she got at first was the reply from the grass, the soft rustling of the dry golden strands that seemingly whistled back to her like that of a happy greeting or welcoming.

But then she heard a sound aside from the soft and welcoming rustling of the dry grass along the plains. It sounded like a voice, and the more she listened, the more it became clear that is actually was someone and the clearer it started to become. No longer just only sounding like a voice.

".....in!......Py.......!"

They sound familiar, Robin thought as she started to make her way through the dry field of grass. As the voice grew closer and closer, Robin's pace picked up, going faster and faster up until she was running, her limbs moving quickly and her breathing coming in as quickly as they left. She could hear the voice clearly now, and it nearly made her heart stop.

"ROBIN!" The voice sounded desperate, angry, afraid, worried. "PYTHON!! PLEASE! ANSWER ME!"

Auntie Salamander.

Robin soon raced up to the top of a small hill, looking out across the distance, now able to see a dark figure off in the horizon. A dragon with a curly frill, sparkling green jewelry and two tails. It was Salamander, her Auntie Salamander, one of Python's mothers!

"SALAMANDER!" She screamed as loudly as she could. The figure off in the distance turned to look at her, before breaking off into a run towards her, Robin doing the same as her heart pounded loudly within her ears much like that of a lions roar.

Robin kept running, forcing herself to keep going even though the edges of her vision started to become speckles in blurry black dots that started to scatter across her vision, growing lager and larger by the moment.

No! Please! She practically begged herself to keep going even though her breathing started to become ragged, making her slow down as the spots grew larger and larger. Keep going!

Robin could hardly keep herself standing by the time she was able to make out the blurry form of Salamander's face. She felt her legs buckle beneath her own weight, her body collapsing onto the dry hard earth covered in the golden yellow grass that seemed to wrap around her. The warmth of the sun above her quickly faded away, along with Salamander's voice. Being replaced with an awfully cold feeling.

Cold, she felt cold. All she could see now was darkness, all she could hear was the quiet, yet deafening ringing within her ears that seemingly pounded madly at the back of her skull behind her eyes. Her chest felt tight, along side a slight burning sensation she could feel. Her whole body felt sore, numb and stiff. A cold tingling feeling spreading through her limbs and a hot burning sensation spreading down across her back and down her chest, feeling like pressure was being forced down on top of her from every angle possible.

Robin felt as though all of Pantala had been dropped on top of her from high above. Pinning her down and slowly crushing her.

The world felt cold and dark around her, though she could feel something soft below her. It was fuzzy and it cushioned her body, seemingly welcoming her with open arms as its soft surface brushed against her scales and underbelly. Where am I? The words rang loudly within her mind, making her wince, her lips pulling back in a silent snarl of irritation.