Chapter 19

The next three days seemed to move by in a blur. She managed to sneak back inside without anyone noticing she was even gone. She made it back in time to be able to go explore the hive, but it no longer felt as exciting when she thought more about Thorn.

It felt like torture having to sit around and do almost nothing for three whole days, so, she took it upon herself to try and think up what Thorn looked like.

Maybe he's a scrawny dragon? She thought to herself as she listened to Caterpillar and Cavansite talk about the history before the war with the LeafWing's, though, their words just went through one ear and out the other for Robin. Oh! If he's a SilkWing, I wonder what his scales look like! Are they shiny like the others? Does he have wings yet?

"Robin?"

Maybe he was a HiveWing? Would he tell on me and rat me out to the hives? No one aside from the others know so I don't think he'd tell.

"Robin."

The dragonet was pulled from her thoughts as she focused back onto the world around her. Caterpillar and Cavansite had both stopping their historical ranting and now were looking at her with slight confusion.

"Sorry, I got lost in thought." She admitted with a nervous smile from where she laid on her bed on her back with her wings spread out. The worst part about being trapped indoors without being able to fly was that her wings felt sore from not being used. Funnel had told her that when got her growth spurt, her wings felt sore and she'd fly for hours to make it go away.

Robin found out that laying on her back with her wings spread out did help a bit, especially if she flapped them every so often.

"Do you remember what I said?" Caterpillar asked softly.

"Ummmmm." Robin's mind was blank as she shook her head no. "No."

"I'll go over it again, don't worry. I know history can be rather bland at times. I zoned out a lot in my classes as a dragonet." He smiled before he started to tell her about when Queen Bloodworm built the first hive on Pantala. Robin did her best to focus on the two SilkWing's as they told her the history behind the Bloodworm Hive.

The time seemed to tick by until soon her daily history lesion was over and the SilkWing's had to leave for the rest of the day till later tonight, which was a common occurrence.

"We'll be back before you know it." Cinnabar promised with a smile as she rubbed her talons on Robin's head as though she were ruffling a bird feathers playfully.

Robin smiled as she used her wing to bat away the SilkWing's talons lightly.

"I know. Maybe I'll still be awake when you get back." Robin told her as her smile stayed on her face.

"Don't force yourself to keep awake, just know we'll be here in the morning so you'll get to see us when you wake up." Cavansite informed before he and Caterpillar took their leave.

"Stay up as late as you can and I'll get you a sugar wasp." Cinnabar smirked before following the other SilkWing's out of the room, leaving Robin by herself in her room.

Robin normally would be bored, but she was practically bouncing in excitement as she rushed back to her nest of blankets, quickly grabbing a few pillows and placing them to make them create the basic shape of a sleeping dragon. She then grabbed the blanket she'd often use over herself at night and pulled it up to cover it.

This should work, she told herself with a nod, her smile never leaving her face as she made her way back towards the door.

She reached out with her talons and grasped the handle, twisting it with her wrist and opening the door into the hallway. Robin really never explored the hallway all that much, but she did know that it connected all of the three SilkWing's rooms. She could see each of their doors, Cinnabar's being the one that took up the dead end of the hall.