In front of the SilkWing's room was a window, the one she used to sneak out of the hive three days ago when she met Thorn.

Sneaky dragon, sneaky dragon, she kept thinking to herself as she used her tail to shut the door behind her as she raced towards the window, going up on her hind talons to look out across the dry plains. She could see some animals walking around below, but not that many. Now that she thought about it, she never really saw all that many animals and the only food she'd been brought were different kinds of fruits and vegetables, never any meat.

She knew that SilkWing's were non carnivores, like RainWing's, but the HiveWing's were not.

Robin looked out at the sky and could see a few other dragons flying around, either gliding SilkWing's or hovering HiveWing's. The sky was turning a warm shade of pink an orange, very few clouds lingered within the sky, but there was enough to where she thought she'd have a good chance of not being spotted if she flew up close to one of them.

I can do this, I've done this before, so I can do it again, she took in a deep breath as she pulled herself up onto the open window, balancing herself on the small ledge that forced all for of her talons to aline.

Robin watched the flying figures of dragons, once she deemed it to be safe enough, she leapt out the window, her wings shooting open to catch her on the wind add help her to soar through the air.

Her heart was pounding wildly within her chest and seemed to be roaring loudly within her ears as she flew, flapping her wings to make herself go faster as the sun continued to set in the horizon.

By the time she got to the meeting spot she arranged with Thorn, which was the same place she met him three nights before, the sun was almost completely set beyond the horizon, just barely peeking up above the sea line that shimmered a dark red and purple, matching the sky as it stared to turn to night with the stars and moons shining brightly in the sky.

"Thorn?" She called out, looking around with her ears perked as she landed on the sand, tucking her in wings at her sides as she started to walk towards the cave where she first found the strange dragon.

"Am I to early?" She said more to herself rather than towards anyone, since she seemed to be alone along the beach that seemed to be turning silver in the moonlight.

The dragonet continued to wander the beach for a few moments before she heard the sound of pebbles scattering and something landing in the sand beside her talons. She jumped momentarily, her wings flaring out slightly as she looked down at what landed by her talons.

It was some pebbles, round from being washed over by water. She looked up towards the cave in the direction they came from, the same cave where she met Thorn.

When she looked towards the canes entrance, her gaze locked onto familiar green ones that seemed to sparkle in the moonlight. It was Thorn!

"Thorn!" She exclaimed with a smile before she raced towards the cave entrench before skidding to a halt, sending some sand shattering. "You made it!"

"I promised I'd be here and I never break a promise." Thorn spoke softly as he moved closer towards the cave entrance.

"Can you see me clearly?"

"Huh?"

"Can you see me? You said you couldn't really see me last time." She pointed out with a smile. She felt excited, she would be able to see what kind of dragon Thorn was.

"I can see you." He spoke up after a few moment of silence. "You're a lot more orange than I thought you were. I thought you were yellow."

"I'm a firey orange!" She exclaimed with a flare of her wings. Her voice held no venom as she let out a few giggles afterwards. "What colour are you? All I saw was black."

"I'm green, but I think it might be better for you to see instead."

Robin sucked in a breath and held it in, almost as if she let it out, Thorn would rush back into hiding. The unknown dragon slowly made his way out of the cave entrance and looked at Robin, his ears up.

His scales were different shades of dark green with some splashes of brown freckles across his face. He had one set of wings, just like Robin, and the membrane looked just like that of a leaf's.

"Woah." Was all she could muster as she looked at him, her golden yellow eyes wide in awe. She'd never seen a dragon like him before, no where in the hives.

Wait, she paused for a moment as she took another look at his wings. Leafs...... Thorn must've caught her staring at his wings, so he tucked them closer to his body. LeafWings, her eyes widened as her ears went down. LeafWing's were evil! The others told me stories of them killing the last SilkWing Queen and kidnapping dragonets! She felt her heart pick up the past within her chest as she took a few steps back.

"You're a LeafWing!" She exclaimed as her wings flared outwards at her sides.

"Oh no, they mind washed you didn't they?" Thorn's green eyes widened in a sudden realization of panic. "Uh, don't panic! Okay? I'm a good dragon, promise!"

"LeafWing's are evil!" Her wings flapped at her sides as she took a few more steps back.

"We're not! We're good dragons, please don't fly away!" Thorn stepped towards her.

"No, stay back! I'm warning you, I'll...I-I'll." She didn't know what she'd do, but she'd do something.

"You'll be doing nothing." Snarled a voice from behind her. She whipped around in time to see a larger figure, but before she could react, something was forced over her head, encasing her in darkness as she struggled and flapped her wings in alarm.

She continued to struggle until something heavy was brought down atop her head, making her mind go blank as she fell limply down onto the sand.

———————————————————
A shorter chapter, but a chapter none the less!

Things are starting to get exciting, at least in my opinion anyways.

- MindlessTyper