F O U R T E E N

December 21st, 2018

Charlie smiles in content as she looks over her outfit for their last day of school before Christmas, making sure to put Max's hat on her head backwards before she makes her way downstairs. She gives Parker a kiss on the nose before leaving her house and into the cold. She walks to school with her Airpods in, One Direction blasting through them before she meets up with Liv. She puts her airpods back in their case and into her bag, the two of them making their way into school and to form moments later.

"Alright, you will go to your first lesson and that will be the lesson you're in all day." Their form tutor announces, Liv and Charlie high-fiving as they had Music first period on a Friday. Liv was a little upset she wouldn't be in lesson with Tom, but they had Max and Harvey to entertain them so it wasn't all bad. Charlie's leg bounced up and down in anxiousness as they waited for the bell to go, both girls standing and disappearing as soon as they heard it.

"Daniel kept staring at you." Liv laughs as she and Charlie make their way down to the music classroom.

"He needs to just stop trying to talk to me, like at all costs." Charlie responds as Liv opens the door to the music room, their teacher smiling at them both.

"Hi girls." She says as Charlie pushes Liv over to the twins that were already sitting in the room where they usually sit in lessons. Liv laughs as they walk in, Charlie shutting the door behind them both as Max and Harvey smile at them both.

"Took you long enough." Harvey teases as Liv sits beside him at the Piano.

"We're not as blessed to have a Music teacher as our form tutor, we got stuck with Maths."  Liv complains as Charlie sits on the floor, Max sat on one of the chairs holding a guitar.

"Charlie pick a song for us to attempt." Liv says as Charlie sits up, Liv barely seeing her face over the piano.

"Sign of the times." Charlie shrugs.

"Ooo, okay." Liv says as she and Harvey attempt to play the song on piano.

"What are you up to Max?" Charlie asks as she looks at the other twin.

"Tuning this stupid guitar." Max laughs as he sits down beside her.

"I'm so glad I'm not a guitar student." Charlie admits as Max looks at her.

"Guitar is easy." Max laughs as she rolls her eyes.

"Yeah okay, you've been playing guitar forever, I've tried a dozen times and can't get it right." Charlie scoffs as he stands up, holding his hand out for her. She takes it, the boy pulling her up from the floor so she is now on her feet before he hands the guitar to her.

"What's this for?" Charlie asks.

"I'm gonna teach you." He bubbles as she rolls her eyes.

"It's no use, I'm awful at it." Charlie responds.

"Well, practice makes perfect Thompson." He replies before giving her a sheet of music to attempt.

"I don't even know where half of these are, Mills, it's not gonna happen." She sighs as he bites his lip momentarily. He turns her around so she's facing away from him, standing behind her with his head resting on her shoulder. He moves one of her hands to the correct chord, strumming it on his own so he can let her know that it was the right string to use. Liv looks up from the piano briefly, looking over at the two of them with a devious smile before getting her phone out. She records a video of Max teaching Charlie the song on her snapchat, showing Harvey before she saves it to send to Charlie later on.

"I give up." Charlie huffs as Max laughs. He let's go of her hands as she hands the guitar back to him, Harvey moving off of the piano so she can sit with Liv.

"Show me how to play sign of the times again, I can't do it." Liv says as Charlie thinks for a second before starting the song pretty much effortlessly.

"This is why I'm a piano student." Charlie calls as Max laughs.

"I can tell." Max responds as he and Harvey move their chairs in front of the piano.

"What song did you choose for your exam?" Harvey asks as Charlie looks up from the keys.

"I haven't chosen my solo but we chose Fool's Gold for our duet." Charlie responds softly as the two boys nod.

"Please can you show us?" Harvey pleads.

"Only the beginning though." Liv informs as they both clap their hands.

"Charlie, can I speak to you a moment?" The teacher walks in just as she was about to start.

"Give me a second." Charlie responds as the twins frown. Charlie makes her way outside of the room to speak to the teacher, feeling both Logan and Daniel's eyes on her as she stands with her back to them.

"Just letting you know you dropped this." She says, handing Charlie her phone.

"Oh, thank you." Charlie smiles before walking back into the smaller music room.

"Dropped my phone like a muppet." Charlie laughs as she sits back at the piano.

"Play for us." Max smiles, the boy eager to hear what Charlie sounded like when she was singing.

The two girls played the first part of fools gold for them, Max extremely disappointed to learn that Charlie wasn't singing at all. Nevertheless, the twins clapin astonishment as Liv looks at Charlie.

"Maybe next time she won't chicken out and sing." Liv teases her best friend as Charlie laughs.

"Be quiet." Charlie retorts as she leans her back against the wall.