T W E N T Y T H R E E

March 16th, 2019

"Where'd you disappear this morning?" Max frowns as he makes his way into the kitchen, his girlfriend fully dressed and sitting at the kitchen counter.

"I had a bit of work for Textiles to finish, and you looked comfy so I just left you to it." Charlie smiles as he sits down beside her, rubbing his tired eyes softly.

"You look cute when you're tired." She laughs as she adjusts the hat on her head.

"So do you." He grins, leaning his head on the cold counter top.

"What do you wanna do today?" Charlie asks him, the brunette boy shrugging his shoulders in response.

"Whatever you want." Max smiles as she thinks for a second.

"I could do with going into town, I need to pick a few things up." Charlie clears her throat as he nods.

"I'll go get dressed." He smiles as he runs back upstairs. Charlie makes him some toast whilst he changes, the boy coming back downstairs to two pieces of toast and a glass of juice in his place.

"Aren't you having any?" Max asks as she shakes her head.

"I had some fruit whilst you were asleep." She responds, watching him nod with a grin.

"Hey, we have matching hats." Charlie laughs as he looks at the Calvin Klein hat on her head.

"We do indeed." He smiles, pressing a kiss to her shoulder before eating his breakfast.

Once he was done, she did the dishes and fed Parker before they left, her bag on her shoulder as Max pulled her hand into his. They walk into town talking about random things, Charlie's hair moving in the spring breeze which Max thought was absolutely beautiful every time he saw it. Making it into town, Charlie turns her hat around so it covers her face, the girl not wanting to be seen by anyone considering she's meant to be staying with Liv.

Max was a little relieved that she turned her hat around considering he felt like a bunch of Millsie's were going to see him and expose their relationship to the public eye, something both of them didn't want to happen. It's not that he's embarrassed to be with her, if anything she's way out of his league, it's just that he knows what Social Media can do to people, especially people who have a large fanbase like the twins do.

After Charlie picks up the few things she 'needed', she and Max made their way back to her house just as it started getting dark. The girl had spent pretty much all of her birthday money on clothes to wear for when she's at college so they'd been out for the majority of the day. Once they got inside, Max changed back into his pyjamas whilst Charlie hung her new clothes up in her wardrobe.

"Aren't you gonna change?" He asks her, watching the girl shake her head.

"I'll do it later." She replies as he nods.

"If you want you can play on the Xbox whilst I put these away?" She suggests as he looks at her.

"Okay." He smiles a little as she takes him downstairs, setting their xbox up for him. She hands him the remote before going back upstairs, putting the rest of her clothes away after trying them on. Charlie returns downstairs moments later, sitting down with Max who was playing FIFA with Harvey, Tom and Dobby.

She starts getting a little frustrated when she realises he wasn't listening to her at all, the girl having been talking to him for a solid 25 minutes and he heard none of it. She tried her hardest to gain his attention, nothing she was doing working on him.

"Max?" She questions as he shouts at the TV in anger. She frowns to herself, getting up from his side and disappearing upstairs. Max furrows his eyebrows as he watches her disappear, deciding to finish his game before he goes to see what was wrong with her. She took her white tennis skirt off of the hanger and slipped it on, zipping it up at the side before she put on a green jumper she'd just bought. She puts her hair back and adds a white bandana, tying her new Nike shoes onto her feet before she sits at her desk. Charlie adds a bit of mascara, doing her signature winged eyeliner and some lip gloss before she finishes up.

She checks herself in the mirror one last time before making her way downstairs, the girl attempting to catch Max's attention this way. She walks into the kitchen and starts making dinner, Max finally finishing the match he was playing. He looks over at Charlie for a second, looking back to his screen before doing a double-take. Charlie hears him signing off from Harvey, Tom and Dobby, the girl smiling to herself as she scrolls through her Instagram.

Max walks into the kitchen with his lip between his teeth, looking Charlie up and down in pure adoration as he makes his way over to her. He stands in front of her for a few minutes, Charlie finding it hard to ignore her boyfriend standing in front of her. Max gets frustrated and pulls her phone from her hands, putting it in his back pocket before he lifts her chin up and presses his lips to hers. She kisses back with a small smile on her face, the boy pulling her into his body to deepen the kiss.

"What were you ignoring me for?" Max pouts as he looks at her.

"Now you know how I feel when you're on FIFA." Charlie grins as he smiles a little.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm kidding, the only thing that annoyed me was that I was speaking to you for about 25 minutes and you hadn't heard a single bit of it." Charlie laughs as he looks at her.

"Well tell me now, you have my full attention." Max grins, sitting down on one of the barstools. She repeats what she was saying earlier to him, the boy listening closely whilst also admiring her whole outfit which made his heart do flips. She sits beside him once she'd finished making dinner, Max slipping his hand in hers as they ate their dinner in comfortable silence.

"Shit I've not fed Parker." She remembers suddenly, the girl getting out of her seat to feed her dog.

"Parker, food's out!" She shouts, the dog running downstairs and straight to his food bowl.

"He's a good boy." She smiles before she takes her plate from beside Max's, throwing the remainder away before she does the dishes.

"You barely ate any of that." Max says as she looks at him.

"Didn't like it." She shrugs as he looks at her.

"What are you gonna have instead then?" Max asks as she looks at him.

"Probably just have a pot noodle." Charlie responds as Max tilts his head to the side.

"I'm not hungry now though so I'll have it later." She clears her throat as he nods.

"Make sure you do." Max warns her as she laughs.

"I will don't worry." She responds before finishing her dishes. She excuses herself from the kitchen, going upstairs to change into her pyjamas and take her makeup off before Max walks in.

"Can we watch a film here tonight? It's freezing downstairs." Max suggests as she nods. The two of them get into her bed, Charlie putting on any random film as Max wraps his arms around his girlfriend softly.

She managed to fall asleep way before he did, her breathing pattern a little messy which made him smile. He turns the volume down on the TV, completely invested in watching the rest of the film but he also manages to fall asleep during it, cuddling his girlfriend like it was his last day on earth to do so.