T H I R T E E N

December 15th, 2018

"Alright, alright." Liv sighs as the 6 friends sit in her living room.

"I noticed that the new kid likes you, Charlie." Tom says as she looks over at him.

"Who?" Charlie asks with furrowed eyebrows.

"Daniel I think he's called, he doesn't shut up about you in class." Tom laughs as she shrugs.

"Don't know a Daniel, nor do I want to know a Daniel." She lies as Liv smiles a little.

"Alright, I'm here." Dobby huffs as he walks into Liv's living room.

"Finally, took you long enough." Harvey laughs as he sits beside Max who was unusually quiet.

"We can go now." Dobby grins as everyone stands up, making their way out of Liv's house to go into town to get presents for one another.

"We're doing this on Christmas Eve right?" Harvey asks as Liv and Charlie walk side by side.

"Yeah, Charlie offered her house too." Liv informs the older twin.

"Perfect." Harvey grins as Charlie laughs.

"My house is gonna be a mess after that." Charlie whines, moving her silver locket between her fingers.

"Did you change the photos yet?" Liv asks her, Charlie opening the locket so her best friend could see the pictures on the inside.

"Wow, I've been replaced by Max, thanks Charlie." Liv snorts in laughter as Charlie rolls her eyes.

"You were in it for three years, you can't complain, and you're still in it, see." Charlie shows her the group photo they all took on Bonfire Night.

"Awh we look cute on that." Liv laughs as she shuts the locket, letting it dangle on her chest.

"Alright, we'll split off into pairs." Tom announces as they reach the shopping centre.

"I'm going with Charlie!" Liv grins as the twins stand side by side.

"I'm stuck with Dobby, thanks Liv." Tom complains as Charlie laughs.

"Best friends over boyfriends, Holden." Charlie narrows her eyes at him.

"Alright, meet in Nandos at half 3." Tom continues as everyone nods. They all walk inside, Max and Harvey disappearing straight away as Liv and Charlie make their way upstairs so they could get a drink before anything else. The two of them ordered their drinks and made their way to an array of different shops, buying for the four boys they were friends with as well as one another.

"It's weird this year, I'm so used to spending it on just you." Liv admits as Charlie nods.

"Now you have a boyfriend you have to buy for too." Charlie laughs as she nods knowingly.

"Boys are hard to buy for." Liv continues.

"Oh my god, tell me about it, I struggle buying for Joey as it is." Charlie complains as she checks the time on her watch.

"We're late by like 25 minutes." Charlie tells her best friend, the two of them rushing out of the shop and downstairs to the food court in a matter of minutes. Liv slides into the booth beside Tom, Charlie sliding in beside Max as they all look at them.

"It's my fault we're late, you lads are hard to buy for." Charlie admits as they all laugh.

"We could say the same about you two." Harvey admits also as Charlie looks at Max.

"We'll go order." Liv says as she and Tom disappear.

"Charlie, usual?" Liv asks, watching her best friend nod before disappearing to the counter with Tom.

"I need the toilet." Harvey sighs as he and Dobby both disappear.

"Are you okay?" Charlie asks the twin in the hat beside her.

"Yeah." Max smiles as she rolls her eyes.

"Tell me what's going on." She turns to face him, crossing her legs so they weren't in his way.

"Honestly, everything's okay." Max responds.

"I don't believe you." Charlie takes his hat off of her head, placing it on hers backwards like she usually does.

"Everythings fine." Max laughs as he sorts his hair out.

"It's stuck up at the back." She informs him, reaching over to sort the hair out. Max felt goosebumps rising on his skin as she flattened the tuft down.

"There you go." She smiles at him. He returns the smile before everyone returns to the table, Liv smiling her arse off considering she saw everything that just happened.

"So, what did you get us?" Harvey inquiries.

"See, you don't find out until Christmas Eve." Liv responds, looking at Max and Charlie who were in their own conversation. She looks at Tom with a scrunched nose, the girl clearly happy for her best friend and how close she'd manage to grow with Max over a short amount of time.

"Charlie, what did you get me?" Harvey asks as the girl snaps out of her conversation with Max.

"You can wait and find out." Charlie responds before looking back at Max, the two continuing their conversation.

"That's not fair." He huffs, crossing his arms over his chest in protest.

"Acting like a child isn't getting you anywhere, Mills." Liv laughs along with Dobby and Tom.

"Whatever." Harvey sticks his tongue out at her.