F O R T Y O N E

October 26th, 2019

"How've you managed this then?" Joey questions as he and Charlie walk into the hospital.

"Some lad at college accidentally slammed my fingers in the door to the Media class." Charlie informs him, the boy shaking his head in disgust.

"Look at you, you're crippled." Joey laughs as they sit down in the seating area.

"This is the last place I want to be." Charlie whines as Joey looks at her.

"Could've gone yesterday, you refused." Joey replies as she rolls her eyes.

"It didn't hurt like a bitch yesterday, now it does." She retorts, crossing her arms over her chest in protest.

"Stop whining, it's probably just fractured." Joey huffs as she feels her phone buzz. She takes it out of her pocket with her good hand, the girl's eyes widening when she realises today was Max and Harvey's first live performance on the X-Factor, and she promised she'd be there for them. She was panicking a little, the girl typing very messily to Max to tell him she was in hospital and would call him later on.

She spent the next two hours waiting around the Accident and Emergency ward before she got sent for her scan, her phone had died literally seconds after she messaged Max so she couldn't even text him to say she was okay.

"I'm obviously gonna worry about her, all she said was hospital, talk later." Max frantically walks around his and Harvey's dressing room.

"Max, calm down." Liv shouts, the boy coming to a halt.

"It's Charlie, alright? She'll be good as gold, she's probably just getting Joey checked on or something." Liv reassures him as he flops into a chair.

"Max, she'll be fine. If she was dying she probably wouldn't have messaged you." Harvey jokes, trying to lighten the mood.

"Not funny." Max shakes his head, Harvey sitting in his chair in defeat.

"She's messaged me." Liv says in surprise as Max scrambles, going to stand beside Liv.

"Ouch, that's-that's had to have hurt." Liv says, opening the picture she sent on iMessage.

"What did she do?" Max questions as he inspects it closely.

"Some lad trapped her fingers in the door in college yesterday, I'm gonna guess she went to get them checked because she was on call to me all night last night in pain." Liv suggests as Max looks at her.

"You could've said." Max shakes his head as Liv rolls her eyes.

"I already assumed she'd told you, dipshit." Liv retorts sassily as Tom laughs. Max's phone begins ringing moments later, the boy taking out of his pocket that fast that he dropped it on the floor. He picks it up and answers Charlie's facetime, the boy only being able to see her chin and nothing else.

"One second, I didn't expect you to answer so fast." Charlie says as Joey opens the car door for her, the girl slipping into the passenger seat before he shuts the door.

"What's going on?" Max asks in a panic.

"I've got 3 broken fingers on my left hand." Charlie says, holding her hand up to the screen to show her bandages.

"Wait, he broke them?" Liv asks, coming into view.

"He did, and now I'm in a lot of pain." Charlie huffs as Joey sets off driving.

"How long were you waiting?" Harvey asks, by now the entire group was crowding around Max's phone so he just propped it up against a mirror so she could see everyone.

"3 hours, you owe my ass." Joey announces as Charlie rolls her eyes.

"Well I would've asked Mum to take me but she went out with Dad, so you can fuck off." Charlie laughs as she puts her phone in the phone holder on the window.

"Can you still make it?" Max inquires.

"I don't think so. It's a good hour and a half drive, and by the time I would get there you'd be finished. I'm sorry, love." Charlie frowns as Max sighs.

"It's fine, don't worry. Your health is more important." Max smiles as she laughs.

"Joey stop at McDonalds." Charlie argues with her brother, the rest of the group laughing at her.

"Joey I will literally snap your legs, just stop at McDonald's and stop being a cheap skate." Charlie whines once more.

"Fine, will you fuck off when we get home?" Joey responds causing Charlie to laugh.

"I thought you wanted to play FIFA." Charlie retorts, her older brother getting more annoyed with her.

"Please just, shush." Joey rolls his eyes as Charlie looks at the phone with a grin.

"I miss you guys." Charlie frowns, leaning forward.

"We miss you too, we hope you're here next week." Harvey grins as she waves.

"I love you Max, see you guys later." She waves before ending the call.

"I didn't get to say it back." Max whispers to himself before taking his phone off the desk.

today's shelby mood - rewriting a whole 60 fucking chapters of a book because the main character gave me the ick... yikes
someone called me weird yesterday cause i said MEN wearing GLOVES gives me the ICK
sorry man just shove ur hands in ur pockets if they're cold xx.

OKAY BYE