T W E N T Y

February 14th, 2019

Charlie sighs as she sits up in bed, the girl absolutely exhausted like she usually was in a morning. She rubs her tired eyes as she gets out of bed, very slowly pulling on her school uniform before realising her school shoes got absolutely soaked the other day. She panics a little before she sets her sight on a pair of low Dr Martens that were already worn in. The brunette girl huffs as she slips them onto her feet and ties them up, making her way to the mirror so she can brush through her long hair. Once she had, she braided two dutch braids into it, stopping it at the bottom of her head so she had ponytails at the end.

"Charlie are you up?" Joey questions as Charlie groans in response. Her older brother walks into her room with a beaming smile, wrapping his arms around his baby sister in adoration as she hugs him back.

"Thanks Joey." She smiles as he places a gift in front of her.

"I figured you needed some new ones." He clears his throat as she rips the wrapping paper off, the Nike tick staring her in the face.

"You're a legend." She high-fives her older brother as he laughs.

"Mum wants you downstairs." Joey says as she nods, finishing tying her hair into two separate ponytails before making her way downstairs. She loosens the braids with every step she takes, taking some hair out of the front to frame her face.

"Happy Birthday." Elizabeth and Jace say in sync, causing Charlie to laugh.

"Thank you." She grins as they slide two gifts across the table to her.

"We woke you up earlier so you could get it set off before you go." Jace says as Charlie furrows her eyebrows. She opens the thicker box first, a smile appearing on her face when she sees the white iPhone XS Max in front of her.

"We figured because your phone is practically battered and old, we'd get you a new one." Elizabeth says as Charlie grins.

"Thank you guys." She hugs them both tightly before Elizabeth points to the other box in excitement.

"Now for that one." Her mother squeals as Charlie rips the wrapping paper off, looking at the box with Casetify plastered on the front. Charlie opens it up, taking the slip of paper off the top to see a phone case with pictures of her and Max, her and Liv and her with the rest of the group on it.

"How did you get these photos?" Charlie furrows her eyebrows as she looks at her parents.

"I nicked your phone the other day and sent them to myself." Elizabeth admits as Charlie laughs.

"You could've just asked." Charlie smiles as she sits down on one of the bar stools. She sets up her new phone in the next half an hour, using the same Apple ID as her iPhone 6 so she could get all of her photos and contacts rather than having to get everyone's numbers again. She slips the phone case on her phone and eats her breakfast quickly, kissing her parents cheeks before disappearing out of the house to get to school.

"Happy Birthday!" Liv squeals as she reaches form just before the bell goes off.

"Thank you." Charlie smiles as Liv hands her a gift bag.

"You could've waited 'till later." Charlie whispers as Liv shakes her head.

"Open them." Liv grins as Charlie laughs. She takes the first present out, the 16 badge staring her in the face as Liv laughs.

"Let me put it on your jumper." Liv insists as Charlie turns to her, letting the girl put the 16 badge onto her jumper. She goes through the rest of the gifts, thanking Liv for each one after she took the wrapping off before the bell for the first period goes. She and Liv make their way down to music, joining the twins in the music room after their teacher wished Charlie a happy birthday.

"Yay, you got her to wear the badge!" Harvey cheers as Charlie sits beside Max.

"She wouldn't disagree 'cause I'd kill her." Liv grins as Charlie rolls her eyes.

"Here you are, Miss Thompson." Harvey smiles, handing her a present.

"My bags gonna be so heavy by the end of the day." Charlie laughs as she puts her bag and present from Liv beside her chair. She opens the gift from Harvey, smiling as she recognises the Rip n Dip jacket that was the same one she got Max for his birthday.

"Hey, now we match." Max smiles as she laughs.

"We do indeed." She responds as she thanks Harvey.

"And this is from me." Max hands her a small gift bag, similar to the one she received from Joey this morning.

"Thank you, you didn't have to get me anything you know." Charlie says as the twins shake their head.

"You got us something, we return the favour." Harvey grins as she laughs.

"Plus you're my girlfriend so I'm obliged." Max interjects as she looks at him.

"Happy Valentines Day by the way." He grins as she laughs.

"Happy Valentines Day." She responds before she opens the gifts inside the gift bag. She opens the larger box first, smiling when she sees the hoodie she usually borrows from him whenever she's at his.

"I figured you could have it now it's basically yours anyway." Max laughs as she smiles.

"You're cute aren't you?" She laughs as she puts the hoodie on top of her back, opening the other gift inside of the box. She opens the black velvet box to see Max's name hanging from a silver chain. Upon realising that it was her own handwriting, she looks at him with a tilted head as he grins.

"Do you want me to put it on you?" He asks, the girl nodding softly. She moves her hair out of the way as he clasps it around her neck, the name falling in between her locket.

"Okay so now he's got you a necklace and a ring, he's replaced me in your locket?" Liv whines as Charlie laughs.

"Stop complaining, you were in my locket for three years." Charlie sighs as Max opens it to see what photos were in there.

"What did Big Liz and Jace get you?" Harvey asks as she smiles.

"I got a new phone." Charlie replies, Liv partying to herself in the corner.

"No more iPhone 6, which did you get?" Liv asks as she takes it out of her bag.

"iPhone XS Max, and the phone case has you guys on it." She shows it to them as they smile.

The 6 friends made it through the rest of the day going unnoticed despite the giant badge on Charlie's jumper. When Charlie got home, she and Liv went upstairs so they could get dressed for her birthday meal. Liv changed in her bathroom as Charlie chose an outfit out, slipping it on in happiness as Liv came back.

"Yes, yes yes, you look great." Liv compliments as Charlie laughs.

"So do you." Charlie replies.