S E V E N

November 5th, 2018

"Happy Birthday!" Charlie cheers as she sits down at the table in the cafeteria.

"Thank you." Liv grins as Charlie pushes both gift bags over to her.

"Woah, hey, Charlie, I'm glad we're friends." Harvey grins as she rolls her eyes.

"I can't get you anything for your birthday, I'm not even here." Charlie replies as he laughs.

"We'll be in Tenerife this year." Harvey smiles as she rolls her eyes.

"I'll be in New York, beat that." She cockily smiles as he leans forward.

"I'm jealous." He says before the two of them start laughing.

"Charlie no! You didn't have to!" Liv says as she looks at the concert tickets in her hands.

"April 16th baby." She high-fives her best friends as the boys look at the Shawn Mendes tickets in her hands.

"She's just showing me up now." Tom frowns as Liv shakes her head.

"Your gift was lovely, thank you." She says to her boyfriend as Max approaches the table. Charlie slides over into his usual seat, the boy sitting in her seat as she smiles at him.

"Nice of you to finally join us." Charlie scrunches her nose up at the boy.

"Sorry, I got cornered by Kimberly." Max sighs as Harvey furrows his eyebrows.

"Why's she all of a sudden talking to you?" Harvey asks, his twin shrugging in response. He leans his head on Charlie's shoulder, the girl not bothering to tell him not too as she speaks to Liv about the night before them.

The rest of the school day went fast, the 6 of them up and out of their lesson instantly so they could go home, change and go out as soon as possible. Charlie walked home with the twins, the girl racing inside of her house when they got to it. She quickly changes, pulling on her large Nike Coat and her converse before going to the kitchen.

"Afternoon to you too." Elizabeth smiles at her daughter as Charlie grabs a drink from the fridge.

"Do you have my bank card?" Charlie asks her mum.

"Yeah, it's in my bag." She responds, her daughter rushing over to the bag to retrieve the plastic that held all of her money. She presses a kiss to her Mum's cheek before racing out of the door, the twins already waiting for her.

By the time they got to Liv's it'd already gone dark, so it meant the fireworks were starting soon. They'd all somehow split off into pairs, Liv and Tom being one, Harvey and Dobby being another and Max and Charlie as the last.

"I'm starving." Charlie admits as they reach one of the food trucks. She gets herself a cone of chips, Max doing the same and paying for them both, to which Charlie furrows her eyebrows.

"Okay, there was no need for that." Charlie frowns as Max laughs.

"I'm buying drinks later." She points at the boy before the two of them slowly walk over to the fireworks display, none of their friends to be seen anywhere. Deciding they were too close, they moved to the far back and continued eating their chips until they were gone, throwing the rubbish away before wandering around the field again.

"How was Dance today?" Max asks as she looks over at him.

"Practicing for my exam was all I really did, my new shoes are creased already." She sighs as he smiles.

"I told you not to wear them." Max laughs as she shakes her head.

"When have I ever listened to you?" She responds with a laugh of her own.

"Wow, I'm hurt." Max acts offended, his hand on his heart as she reaches over and takes his hat off of his head. She places his hat on her head backwards, the girl running her hands through his soft hair to sort it out before she realises what she's doing.

"Oh, sorry." She pulls her hands away in embarrassment.

"It's fine, it felt nice." Max laughs as she rolls her eyes. The two of them end up taking a seat on a brick wall that wasn't high up at all, his hat still on her head which was keeping her warm.

"I'm not prepared for the music exam and it's like 5 months away." Charlie sighs as she rests her head on his shoulder.

"You'll do great, granted I've never actually heard you play or sing." Max admits as she smiles.

"Good, I'm glad." She responds quietly as she spots Tom and Liv near the ducks with Harvey and Dobby. Harvey made it his priority to take one of the plastic ducks, trying his hardest to hook it so he could steal it from them and take it home. Max and Charlie sat in comfortable silence as they watched Harvey successfully steal one of the ducks, him and Dobby running off after they'd gotten caught.

"Your brother is mad." She comments as they look at one another.

"I know he is." Max smiles, the two of them making direct eye contact. He felt himself leaning in to kiss her, the girl practically doing the same thing until they were close to one another. Just as Max was about to speak, Harvey runs up to Charlie and picks her up over his shoulder, successfully cheering as he walks off with her.

"Harvey put me down!" She laughs as Max looks at his feet with bright red cheeks. Charlie's laughter could be heard in his ears as Harvey put her back on the ground, Liv and Tom finally rejoining them after a kissing session of their own.

"Wait what, where's that?" Charlie gasps as she notices Liv holding a slush.

"Want me to walk with you?" Liv asks as she nods with a grin. She and Liv disappear to the slush machine as Max talks to his friends, Charlie also buying one for Max considering he bought her food. When the two girls return, she hands the slush over to Max with a smile before they all go towards the fireworks to watch them.

"Oh, here's your last present." Charlie says as she gets out a small pandora box from her coat pocket.

"Oh my my, proposing to me now?" Liv laughs as Charlie smiles.

"I saw you looking at it in the shop a few months ago, I went back the next day and bought it for you." Charlie smiles softly as Liv looks at her, tears forming in her eyes.

"Charlie." Liv whispers as a tear slips down her cheek.

"I love you, I've been best friends with you since nursery, nothing will ever get in the way of our friendship and I want us to last forever." Charlie whispers back, wiping the tear from her best friend's cheek before opening the box to reveal the silver Stars ring that matches Charlie's.

"You also always say you want a matching ring with me, so now we do, but they have different meanings to one another." Charlie smiles as Liv wraps her in a tight hug.

"I love you Charlie Ann Thompson." Liv whispers as Charlie laughs.

"I love you too Olivia Briar Smith." Charlie responds before Liv takes the ring off of her to put it on.

"Now that's best friend goals." Liv laughs as she takes a photo for snapchat