E I G H T E E N

January 28th, 2019

Max grins as he and Harvey walk into school a little earlier than usual, hoping to find Charlie before he went to form. He walks past her form to see if she's there, her seat empty which is unusual considering she's normally earlier than most students. He furrowed his eyebrows as Harvey drags him away from her classroom, the two of them making their way to form so they didn't get into trouble.

"She might just be late." Harvey reassures his brother before they make it to form.

"Hopefully." Max mutters to himself before he sits down.

He went the first two periods of school on edge, wondering whether or not she was in school. He tried texting Harvey but managed to get caught being on his phone so he had to give it to his teacher until the end of the lesson. He relaxed a little when he heard the bell go off, retrieving his phone from his Maths teacher before he bolted to the cafeteria.

"Hey." Max grins as he sits down.

"Bad news." Harvey says as Max frowns.

"She's not in." Tom continues, Max slumping back in his chair.

"If you're wondering, she got sick over the weekend and isn't 100% today so her Mum kept her off school." Liv informs them as he nods.

"She'll most likely be in school tomorrow though, so you don't have to worry." Liv grins as Max clears his throat.

"I'm gonna go see her after school." Max says as Liv nods.

"I'll tell her for you." Liv responds as Max looks at his twin.

He spent the rest of the day thinking about Charlie, not that he didn't anyway, but he was worried that she wasn't okay after she broke down in tears at school last Friday. The last bell of the day was like music to his ears, the boy bolting it out of school as fast as possible so he could see his girlfriend. A few people gave him weird looks as he ran down their street, stopping at her door with a huff as he rings the doorbell.

"Oh, hey Max." Joey grins as the twin looks at her older brother.

"She's in her room upstairs." Joey informs as Max thanks him with a wheeze. He makes his way upstairs, knocking on her door softly so he didn't barge in like Joey usually did.

"Joey if you're coming to talk about FIFA, please leave me alone." Charlie says as Max laughs, walking into her room with a smile.

"Oh, hey Max." Charlie laughs as he shuts the door behind him.

"School was extra boring today." Max huffs as he sits on her bed, the girl smiling softly.

"Being at home was ten times more boring, I've had Joey mithering me all day." Charlie laughs.

"Are you feeling better now?" Max inquires, Charlie nodding in response.

"I felt better this morning but my Mum forced me to stay off because I looked pale, when do I not look pale?" Charlie huffs as he laughs.

"Well, Harvey gave me some work for me to give you." Max says as he takes the sheets out of his bag.

"Ooo, lovely bit of Maths work." Charlie rolls her eyes as she takes it from him.

"I can help you with it if you want." Max suggests, watching his girlfriend nod softly.

He moves so he's sat beside her with his legs crossed, going through the lesson with her as she answers the questions. He checks off which are right and wrong, letting her change the ones that were wrong afterwards before her brother walks in.

"What now?" Charlie sighs, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"I just wanted to see if you were alright." Joey grins as she rolls her eyes.

"You want my skittles, here, just take them." She throws the packet at her brother. He smiles as he walks out, the girl rolling her eyes at how predictable he is before she and Max continue with the Maths homework.

"Thank you." Charlie whispers as she leans her head on his shoulder.

"No problem." He smiles, kissing the top of her head softly.

"What did you do in Music today?" She asks him as he thinks for a second.

"Just prepping for our exam, nothing too special." He responds as she nods.

"Can you tell Harvey I'm sorry for ditching him in English, today was presentation day and I completely forgot to message him this morning." Charlie sighs, her boyfriend nodding at her.

"I'm sure he did fine, or he could've been terrible." Max laughs as she beams.

"I bet he messed it right up, he always complains about my handwriting." She laughs with Max before Joey returns.

"Here." He throws a kinder bueno at her.

"Thanks Joe." She grins before he disappears once more. She opens it, handing half of it to Max who was surprised she actually gave him half after her rule of never giving a kinder bueno away.

"I'd eat it before I take it off you, Mills." Charlie laughs as he smiles.