F O R T Y T W O

Charlie's Outfit

November 2nd, 2019

"Boo." Charlie grins as Max looks at her.

"Hey gorgeous." He beams, pressing a kiss to her lips.

"Wow, you really didn't need to show me up this week." Max continues as she rolls her eyes.

"Be quiet." Charlie huffs as he twirls her around.

"Nope, you're too gorgeous." He grins as she laughs.

"Alright, alright. How are you my love?" She asks as he shrugs.

"I'm doing great now actually, I was stressing out a little." Max admits as she realises he wasn't wearing a hat.

"Maybe you need your hat." Charlie giggles as he looks at her.

"I left it at home." Max frowns as she takes hers off, adjusting it before putting it on his head.

"I can't wear this." Max shakes his head, going to take it off but she slaps his hand away.

"You can and you will, consider it your good luck charm." She bubbles, the boy giving in with a wide smile. He kisses her once more, the two of them completely lost in one another until someone walks by and disturbs them.

"Max, who knew you were such a player?" The man says, Max looking at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?" He questions as Charlie looks at the Rugby player.

"First the girl on the dance squad and now this one, what's she from then?" He continues as Charlie begins to feel sick.

"I wasn't with anyone up until now, are you sure that wasn't Harvey?" Max retorts as the contestant shakes his head.

"Last week, you spent the entire night flirting with her?" Thom furrows his eyebrows as Max feels the loss of Charlie's hand in his.

"That wasn't me, that was Harvey." Max begins getting frustrated, the rugby player tilting his head to the side.

"Are you sure?" Thom furrows his eyebrows.

"Yes I am, now please leave us alone." Max shakes his head as Thom nods, walking off.

"Charlie-" Max goes to apologise but she stops him.

"I believe you, don't worry." She beams as he sighs in relief.

"You can even ask Liv, I went nowhere near-" Max begins, the girl cutting him off with a kiss.

"Sh, I believe you. Now go get ready before I get into trouble." Charlie giggles before walking off. Max smiles at her as she walks off, the boy going to his dressing room to prepare for his performance. Charlie sits down beside Dobby as she arrives at the family tent, the boy looking at her with a smile before they are announced and their 'video' begins playing.

"Wait, Max's nails are painted." Charlie notices from a picture she had just taken with him.

"Does someone find it attractive?" Dobby tries to tease her, the girl looking at him with a smirk before looking back at her phone.

"Wait, you do?" Dobby asks as she laughs.

"Yeah, he suits it." Charlie admits, tucking her hair behind her ears.

"I'm gonna tell him." Dobby laughs, the girl rolling her eyes in response.

"Don't you ever get bothered that Max never really shows affection towards you on Instagram?" Dobby inquires, Charlie looking at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"What?"

"Like, you have all these photos of you on your phone, he has hardly any in case he gets hacked, and he never posts anything about you on Instagram." Dobby continues, thoughts racing through her mind rapidly.

"I've never actually thought about it." Charlie admits, shrugging her shoulders.

"Fair enough, I just figured you had because it's you." Dobby shrugs, leaning back in his chair.

"Yeah, thanks Dobby." She mumbles before standing up, walking to the closest bathroom. She looks at herself in the mirror with her confidence shattered, now beginning to overthink about what Dobby had just said to her. Charlie unlocked her phone quickly and messaged Liv to see what she was doing, waiting for the facetime call to come through and when it did she just started crying.

"Woah, what the fuck's happening?" Liv asks frantically, Charlie shaking her head at herself in regret.

"Dobby just basically said that Max is ashamed to be with me." Charlie blubbers.

"Where the fuck did he get that from?" Liv rolls her eyes as Charlie attempts to control her tears.

"I know he's wrong but I can't help but overthink shit, and he's just gone and said that."Charlie huffs, wiping her mascara stained cheeks.

"If this is about his Instagram, I will kill Dobby." Liv warns as Charlie nods.

"I told him not to say anything. We all know he's not ashamed to be with you, he just wants to protect you from the consequences of Social Media." Liv explains as Charlie nods.

"I know, I know, I know all of this but you know." Charlie huffs, finally getting her tears to stop and her face cleaned up.

"Alright, just talk to him about it later okay?" Liv suggests, watching her best friend nod.

"Stay safe on the way back, okay?" Liv informs her before ending the call. Charlie slips her phone back into her pants pocket and walks out of the bathroom, making her way back to the family which were now joined by the twins who had just finished performing.

"Hey, where'd you go?" Dobby questions as she tucks her hair behind her ears.

"Doesn't matter." Charlie responds as Max looks at her.

"Have you been crying?" Max queries as she shakes her head. He furrowed his eyebrows once more before she sat down beside Dobby, the girl scrolling through her camera roll deleting photos of her and Max that were blurry. Max sat beside her, watching her delete them all in confusion before she clicked delete all.

"Are you annoyed at me or something?" Max asks, the girl shaking her head in response.

"Everything is okay, don't worry." She grins, pressing a short kiss to his lips before receiving a message from Liv.

author's note - hey chickens!! sorry for missing an update on Saturday, I wasn't on my laptop at all this weekend so i completely forgot to update. hope you enjoy :)