chapter eight.

I was walking down the hall, I put light eye makeup not wanting to look too rough remembering what Bellamy said

I was walking down the hall, I put light eye makeup not wanting to look too rough remembering what Bellamy said. To be me. People parted as I walked, all scared of me. I frowned at it, I didn't like that.

I continued walking ignoring the stares I got, I saw Madi who was laughing with a girl named Zatora, I froze when they shook hands still laughing my stomach-turning. Madi turned around with a smile on her face, she noticed me and waved shyly. I rolled my eyes and presided to walk.

"Hey, Juliet!¨ Madi called trying to catch up with me, I furrowed my eyebrows at the name who the hell is Juliet? I ignored her. ¨Hey slow down Juliet, what happened to your hand?¨ She asked using that name again did she forget my name or something? She grabbed my arm to turn me around.

¨Nothing, what do you want?¨ I asked, ripping my hand from her grip,  ¨And who the heck is Juliet? because I'm one hundred percent sure that's not my name"I asked cluelessly.  Madi gave me a confused look with a small laugh ¨What? Did you hit your head or something? Did Zatora give you moonshine? D-,¨ ¨No! That's not it, it's just... are you mad at me? I mean I know you're mad about the other day but are you mad at me?¨ She cut me off pulling me aside.

I attempted to look pissed but failed, I rolled my eyes ¨I'm not mad. Well not at you at least, but I didn't like the fact you let me think you sucked so I went easy on you, however, we only knew each other for about a week so...¨ I trailed off not knowing what else to say. ¨It's fine.¨

She raised a brow ¨ You're not mad?" I shook my head ¨You do realize that I'm now octavia¨s second, and I embarrassed you in front of the whole class including Octavia.¨ I sighed. ¨I mean you should be mad. I didn't tell you the truth about my skills and I was a bad friend." Madi finished.

¨Madi, it's fine. We weren't that many friends anyway so you're all good.¨ Madi frowned "I didn't tell you I had nightblood, mainly because of Octavia but you would have found out eventually. At first, I was angry at the fact that I got replaced and I felt like I deserved it more than anything, but now I feel like I just wanted that to impress Octavia, it wasn't what I wanted. Now I'm kinda glad I don't have to always carry away, and I wasn't made out for it. But you, on the other hand, you're perfect, you're strong, beautiful, and have nightblood so you can take the flame when it's time, you can lead Wonkru... just don't feel like you have to be who you not, it's not fun."

" Yeah but you're all those things too you know, I don't want to lead Wonkru, that's your future, not mine, You're strong enough to take it if you wanted it and I wouldn't stop you, I couldn't if I wanted. but I don't want to fight with you, so I'll step down." She said, stepping closer to me.

"But I don't want you to step down. You don't have to, not for me not for anyone, you can do what you want. I don't want to rule or take over anything, I never did." Madi shook her head,
"I thought you did, the way you acted as if you wanted to take after Octavia. You always obeyed her every command no matter how much you didn't agree or want to do it, but you did. Why do that when you don't want to take after?" She questioned.