Chapter Twenty Nine.

It was all over, I had proven my innocence but most of all I helped the police apprehend Gabby's killer. Poor girl, I sigh.

Her burial was the most flamboyant of all, celebrating the life of a wonderful human being who was yet to fully attain her potential. We wore t shirts with her face and name on it to commemorate her existence. This we believed would act as penance for the shaming, labelling and bullying she had received.

Maggie Bishop stood trial and was found guilty of her crime for murder and will be serving 25 years at a women's correctional facility. She didn't incriminate anyone else and the evidence laid bare before our eyes made it clear that she did it all alone. When asked why she did it, she simply laughed it off and shot me a death stare. I couldn't get myself to tell Becky that she was supposed to be the one buried six feet under and not Gabriella Parker.

School has never been the same after Gabby's passing and neither have been Ryan, Adrian and Lex. From what I heard they had put an end to the so called Boy's Club. They had grown apart, tormented by their actions and haunted by Gabby's death.

Only a few at Fair Lane knew what happened behind the curtain, that she had been a rebound girl for the guys and that is what had led to her demise.

"Can I talk to you," William Brooks pulled up at my locker and I couldn't chase him away cause he was already here so we might just get this over and done with.

" What about?" I folded my arms peering into his thoughts.

" I know that I'm to blame for everything and I'm really sorry. I never wanted for it to end this way."

" I don't blame you for anything Will, much less Gabby's passing. Maggie Bishop did it and she will pay for it in prison so don't crucify yourself over this."

"Okay."

I comforted Will who  was almost in tears rubbing my hand on his shoulder.

" One more thing, I have something I really need to ask you Ella and don't lie to me."

I could feel my knees getting weak, butterflies rocking back and forth in my stomach. I couldn't look into his eyes because that would be my ultimate downfall.

" Will, there you are, I've been looking everywhere for you."

Adrian Russell strolled in just in the thick of things.

" What do you need Russ?" Inquired Will.

" Mr. Irwin needs you in his office something about some missing marks from our last exam."

" OK I'll go see him," Will shrugs before our eyes meet.

"See you around," I watch him saunter down the hallway before his tall figure disappears into one of the doors.

" So, Ella what are you doing tonight?"

" Nothing Adrian and no we can't go out not after what happened." I pat his back and fake a smile before walking away.

I was torn down right in the middle, I couldn't sit still let alone concentrate on anything all night. I decided to face my fears once and for all and put all this behind me.

I grabbed Aubrey cycling fast to my destination, my heart in my mouth hoping that it wasn't too late.

I got off in a rush, taking off my helmet before hiding the bike into the bushes. Fixing my hair and taking a deep breath my finger rested on the doorbell only for me to freeze on ice.

Through the open window I could see them laughing in each others arms watching a sitcom. My heart shattered to a million pieces, a tear down my cheek.

" We should do this often,"

She holds his  head and kisses him softly, her eyes closed as my hands tremble.

" We definitely will."

" I love so much my  pookie bear."

" I love you too."

They embrace warmly as I walk backwards away from the door.

I hear footsteps fast approach so I crouch behind the rose bushes hoping they don't see me broken.

" What is it Will?" Becky asks holding his arm.

" I could swear I saw someone standing right here."

" You are being paranoid, there is no one here. Let's go before the sitcom ends."

Reluctantly," okay."

Will and Becky walk back into the house holding hands my face smudged from all the crying.

My phone had been vibrating in my back pocket when I finally answered the call.

" Hello,"

" Ella Rae,"

" Who is this?"

" Do you really want to know what happened to Gabby?"

" The case is closed so stop with this nonsense!"

" There is one more person who is still walking free..."

"Who?" ...

                              The End.