Chapter Eighteen.

Bay Area way open for business, the swimming pool coming to view as we scouted the place. Lindsay dug into her pocket fishing out her member's card. Platinum status, no wonder the place was high end. I held her back tugging to her arm before she could get in.

" Hey can I ask you something real quick?"

I adjusted my cap my eyes roving around the place.

" Yeah sure, what is it?"

" Do you know if Will and Maggie are back together?"

Lindsay lowered her eyebrows looking surprised by my question.

" No Ella, Will and Maggie can't stand each other. The other day at school, they had this huge argument."

" Oh really?" I asked wanting to know more.

" Will was given the lead role in the Spring Break play and he didn't want Maggie as his co-star."

" So you're sure there is nothing going on between them?"

"Positive Ella why the sudden interest, do you have feelings for that bad bad boy." She rolled her hair round her finger, a cheeky smile on her face.

" No, never! It's just that Will was talking to a girl yesterday and seemed very happy. After reading Gabby's letter, I can't help but think that she was talking about Will."

Lindsay rolled her eyes.

" It's Will we are talking about, the guy is a menace. A living breathing woman eater Ella!"

She had a point, my fingers hitting my blue jeans. He pulled into the lot looking grim, his green Lamborghini glistening in the mid- morning sun.

" He's here, you remember the plan right?" I turned to Lindsay where we were hiding.

" Yeah,I'm clear on the plan."

I made one last check before approaching my target.

" Ella what are you doing here?" He brushed his copper hair with his hand as I smiled at him.

" You'll find out soon enough,"

The end of the double-edged knife met his torso making him almost jump from his skin.

" Whoa! You ladies have a different thing coming for you." He said glancing at Lindsay who held the knife close to his flesh.

" Let's go for a ride, shall we?" We forced him into the car as I took the driver's seat. The blood on his face had drained as rivulets of sweat covered his brow.

" How does it feel being taken against your will?"

" What are you talking about?" Adrian muttered between his teeth as he looked at Lindsay through the rear view.

" That night at the party, you were the one who took me from the couch!"

He looked at me puzzled but I drove my elbow into his side as he grimaced in pain.

" Don't lie to me Adrian I'm positive that was you!"

I roared as he leaned back catching his breath.

" OK fine, I took you from the couch," he began wiping the sweat from his face his forest green eyes glued to me.

" Then what happened?" Lindsay twisted his arm the knife closer to his chest than before.

" I tried to kiss you but you slapped me and stormed off!"

" Liar!" I blurted slamming his head on the dashboard as he writhed in pain.

" Gabby Parker happened OK! She saw me try to take you to my room but she wouldn't let me. Not in the condition you were in!"

" That's why you killed her?"I asked thinking that Gabby died because of me.

" No! I stormed off to the pool angry, that was the last time I saw Gabby alive OK!" Adrian Russell seemed convincing enough as I ran my fingers through my hair.

" Who else was there?"

" Some guys from football, a bunch of cheerleaders but everybody went down by the pool to watch Ryan and Lex fight!"

My face lit up as I jerked forward excited.

" Lemme guess, they were fighting over a girl. Gabby Parker to be precise?"

Adrian's face was on ice, his palms rubbing off his khaki.

" We know your little secret, the three of you were having something going on with Gabby!" Lindsay hit out at him.

" It wasn't like that, Gabby and I were good friends but nobody could know that we were or that she was our rebound."

" Why because you're Adrian Russell? Well guess what Mr. Russell, that girl was murdered in cold blood and one of you sickos did it!"

" It wasn't me Lindsay I swear !" He looked at us his face a mask of horror.

" So who was it?" Came the ever recurring question.

" I don't know, when I found you two lying on the floor, I thought the both of you were dead. I panicked and called the police."

We were running in circles and I was tired of this shit to be honest.

" Thank you for your time," We slipped out of Adrian's car and walked down the sidewalk.

"Now what?" Inquired Lindsay as I uncapped my water bottle.

" I don't know Lindsay, guess we have to look into Ryan and Lex."

" What if that is also another dead end?"

" Then there will be one thing left, the crime scene!"

.............