Ep 46

PoV: Sonic

"You having fun?" Blaze asked as we set up our little picnic of food we had bought.

"The beach is awesome!" I couldn't believe how fun this was so far.

"I'm glad, oh no," Blaze's noodles fell onto her chest and lap.

"Do we have napkins?" I looked through all the bags and found none.

"Its okay, I don't mind- Sonic?" Blaze reached for me but I was already heading to find some napkins, "Where are you going?!"

"I'll be right back, I just need some water- oh!" I ran as I looked back at Blaze, which lead me to run directly into someone.

"Watch-! ...it..." They snapped at me.

"Sorry-"

"Sonic..." My hand was grabbed and I looked up as I heard my name, "You're here..."

"Scourge?" My life had ended...

  Scourge was right in front of me, seeing me dressed the way I am... He knew. Scourge knew what I really was. My newly made life was destroyed now... All because I ran into someone I once knew and trusted. Someone who would now be disgusted with me...

"I thought I'd never see you again," Just then, all my thoughts of dispare and anxiety were destroyed as I was instead met with his arms than his fist. It was a tight and firm squeeze, but I felt no pain. This was an embrace from the boy who once knew me...

"Scourge... How did... why?" I couldn't understand what was happening. He knew it was me... he knew and yet he was hugging me like an old friend or something more...

"Our school's annual sophmore trip, its always at Sol City Beach," he placed a hand on my cheek, "This way."

"Hey, let me go," he pulled me away from everyone and into one of the old changing rooms.

"I'm not letting you go yet," he locked the door, "Now spill. What the hell happened after the diagnosis?"

  I sighed as I told him everything, "After the test they were going to send me to a conversion camp to make me straight, but I did my research... They're awful locations that torture people in the name of medicine. So, I ran away instead..."

---

"So, your hiding out as a girl so you can date guys?" He asked.

"Not really. When the school mistook my gender, I decided to role with it. I thought being a girl would make me fit in better... Since I'm not very good at being a guy," I explained, "It kinda works, but two people found out already. I'm scared... I don't know when they'll say something. I don't want to run away again..."

  He hugged me again so suddenly... I had only seen Scourge act this way with me once...

  It was when we were in middle school. Some bullies had beaten me for siding with the girls when we had to pick between a romance-action or thiller movie. Scourge came to my side. He was panting and pissed. He threw a hard punch at each of the boys before running them off. After he got them away from me, he hugged me...

"I'll protect you, okay? But you owe me your homework from now on."

"Yeah..."

  It was the day he started protecting me...

"Do you know who you are now?" He asked, pulling me from my memory of him.

"Who I am?" I found that my own hands had slowly risen and laid to rest on his back, "I'm not sure yet... Is that okay?"

"Yeah," Scourge, he wasn't the guy who teased me everyday right now. Right now, he was the guy who was always there to help me out.

"You don't mind?" I gripped the back of his stupid, flaming skull tank top that he always wore. I felt a lump in the throat as I began to cry, "I'm not disgusting to you? I'm not some infected monster who needs to be cured?"

"No, you're not," he smiled at me.

"Its good to see a friend again," I hugged him back.

"I won't tell Jet or Storm about you. They wouldn't understand. Is it okay if I spend my day with you?" He lowered his hands to my mid back and I felt a warm chill run through me.

"Yeah... Yeah. I would like that," I felt like this wasn't real. Scourge was right here, and he didn't care that I was pretending to be a girl. He just took my hand, and brought me back to the beach. He introduced himself to Blaze and she completely lost it. She couldn't believe Scourge throught there was nothing wrong with me... I couldn't either. But still... the three of us wound up spending the entire day together... I don't know what to call this... its too unreal to be sheer luck that Scourge understood...

PoV: Shadow

  I couldn't believe it... that guy who I told to leave was right there, sitting next to Sonic and Blaze. They had let him sit with them, but why?

    What the hell is going on? Why are they with him?

  I watched them from my spot. Sonic had a worried smile that was slowly fading. That guy had a look on his face that sent off a bad feeling. I felt like something snapped as his hand found it's way to hold onto Sonic's.

  Who the hell does this guy think he is?!

~~~