Ep 38

PoV: Sonic

"Amy, I came. You can have your letter back. The necklace is inside," I held the envelope out for her to take it.

"Hmph!" She swiped it from my hand and opened it, "I'm surprised you didn't steal it."

"Just tell me what the hell you want or I'll leave," I had to get back before my shift started.

"Why are you suddenly popular?" She clenched the letter in her hand, "You even have a fan club...."

"If you're mad about that, I got no say. I don't want to be popular. You can take it," I told her.

"..." she walked up to me. She clenched my shirt, "I hate you."

  What a surprise.

"Can I go now?" I asked.

"You hate me that much? I guess I can let you leave," she was... weird.

"I can't really hate you, I don't know you that well. But I have to get to work," I wanted to walk away but she had a tight grip on my shirt.

"Here," she slammed the envelope into my chest.

"Ow..." the necklace stabbed me, not hard enough to break the skin, but it still hurt.

"Keep it. I won't tell anyone you stole it. You can sell the necklace so you won't be so poor," she turned around, "I'm leaving now."

"Thanks..." I didn't really want it.

  I walked down the stairs with her since there was only one way down from the roof of the school. We kept walking in silence, it was awkward.

"Hm?" I looked down as I heard my foot step into something wet. The stairs were wet, "Careful, the floor is wet."

"Hmph!" Amy just kept walking.

"Don't blame me if you slip," I went down with caution.

"I can walk just fine-"

"Hey!"

  Thud!

  Everything hurt. I had grabbed Amy just in time. She had slipped and all I could think to do was grab her before she fell. Unfortunately that ment I was going down with her.

"Tsk... Are you okay?" I looked down, I couldn't tell of she was injured or not.

"Mm... Why are you holding me?!" She hit me hard across the cheek.

"Sorry for trying to save you- ngh!" I sat up and immediately found pain in my back. I had landed on the stairs while Amy had landed on me, "Damn it... I'm gonna feel that tomorrow..."

"You saved me..." she was looking at the wet stairs. We were currently in a pool of water at the bottom of the stairs, "You're soaking wet..."

"I know, it's fine. I'll dry off eventually," I got up slowly. It hurt to move at the moment, "You seem fine."

"I'm not in any pain..." she got up and dusted herself off, "I can't go home like this. I'll be attack by a pervert."

  I was the only one who was soaked in the fall.

"You can just wear your gym shirt home. I'm going now," I wasn't going to stick around if she really hated me, "And here. I don't want this."

  I handed her back the necklace, "... thanks..."

"Goodbye," I biked home and changed into my work uniform.

  School is more annoying than I remember it being. At least I got some students to behave.

Having a fan club is really weird.

PoV: Amy Rose

   I had told her I hated her, and yet... Sonic still saved me. She held me so close, her chest was so smooth and soft... Her smell was all over me...

"What is this..." my heart was pounding, it had never beat this fast before, "I'm crazy, it's just the adrenaline from the fall."

"Tsk..."

"She got hurt didn't she..." I looked at the spot where we landed. From the top of the stairs to the bottom... I didn't feel any of the impact... She injured herself for me, and I said I hated her...

  Why won't my heart calm down...

  Sonic...

  I took her advice and wore my gym shirt home. I opened my washing machine to wash my uniform after I took a bath. Her scent was still on the shirt.

"Stop being ridiculous," I put it into the machine and turned it on.

"I don't need her smell around me," I walked away.

  When my uniform was done, her scent was gone.

"What did I do... it's never gonna come back..."

  My uniform was perfectly clean, no reminders of what happened except the necklace.

"YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT!!!"

~~~