Ep 33

PoV: Sonic

  It was so frustrating. Shadow was so infuriating!

"Sonic, are you alright?" Blaze asked.

"Yeah, why?" I turned to her. Her omelet looked so golden and perfect.

"Your omelet caught fire," Blaze grabbed my pan and tossed it to the sink.

"Oh crap!" I turned on the water to put it out. Smoke rose and covered my face. I coughed as I accidentally inhaled the smoke.

"Sonic!" The teacher snapped at me, "Principal's office. NOW!"

"I... yes ma'am..." I sighed as I left. I walked around until I found the office.

"Sonic, I've been expecting you," the principle let me, "Take a seat," she pointed to the chair, "So, I heard you set an omelet on fire. Among everything else you've burned or under cooked. What's going on with you?"

"I'm just not talented with cooking. I was never taught," I answered.

"Never taught- Is something going on at home? You came to me alone and never registered any emergency I formation," she had said my address was irrelevant before. Was she pretending to suddenly care?

"There's nothing going on in my home. I'm sorry I'm such a bad cook. I have no talent for it like the other girls," I apologized, it was the only thing I could think of to do.

"Well, I'll send an email to your teacher. She will have to keep a closer eye on your cooking and teach you the basics. She is no longer allowed to punish you for your mistakes either," the principle handed me a paper.

"Take this back to her and everything should be taken care of. And Sonic," she handed me a paper towel, "Wipe that soot off your face. It isn't ladylike."

"Yes Ma'am," I left and handed my cooking teacher the paper. She sent me to the bathroom to wash up after that.

"What happened to her?" I heard someone whisper.

"I heard she blew up the kitchen."

"I heard she set it on fire."

"IT WAS AN EGG. NOTHING EXPLODED, AND I DIDN'T DESTROY THE KITCHEN!" I snapped, "Why don't you mind you own business for once instead if being nosey!"

  I stormed off to wash the soot from my face. I was sick and tired of all the rumors. I just wanted to go home after today. I made it to the bathroom without emberassing myself again.

"Great... I snapped at three girls... I hope that doesn't draw attention to me..." I sighed.

"What did you do now?" I froze, Shadow was here.

"I thought I told you to leave me alone," I damped a paper towel to wipe off the soot on my cheek.

"You're drawing attention to yourself," he shut the door.

"Why do you care! I'm a disgrace right? So why don't you just go! Or do you want to keep torturing me like this? You're making me confused and I don't know what to do. How am I supposed to get better if you keep doing this to me!" My voice cracked as my eyes teared up.

"Hey," he grabbed me, "You're not the only one suffering. I have to look at you everyday. I have to see you in this outfit. I have to hear your voice in class and hear rumors about you everyday. You're not the only one confused, you're making me sick, and I can't have that."

"Well I'm sorry I disgust you so much!"

"You don't disgust me you dumb ass!" He pushed me against the wall. His hands were crushing my arms, "I- nevermind," he let me go, "Stay away from me."

"Ow..." he left a mark on my upper arms, a bruise, "Asshole..."

  I left, I didn't care that the bell hadn't run yet. I biked home and went to work. Vanilla was out shopping so I had some time to shower before work. I ate a cup of noodles and then started to undress.

"Sonic won't be home yet-" Vanilla had come into my apartment... I had just taken off my underwear!!

"Vanilla... um..." I grabbed my blanket to cover up.

"Pardon me, I didn't know you were home early. I had bought this for you," she put a bag down by my door, "And don't worry. I didn't see a thing. I'll see you at work."

  I collapsed, she didn't see... I was so lucky... thank chaos she didn't see

  I looked in the bag, it was a set of plates!

"I have plates... I can eat food on these... thank you... Vanilla."

  I started to cry, today was so awful and terrible. Vanilla was a close call, but she was so kind. I showered and washed my new plates before going to work.

"Sonic, could you be a a sweet girl and organize the display pastries for me?" Vanilla asked.

  Sweet girl. She really didn't see!

"Yes, of course," I started doing just that.

  I'm not going to school tomorrow. It's too much stress. I need a day to rest. I'll spend tomorrow working in the shop and... maybe... maybe I can ask Vanilla to help me cook.

~~~