twenty eight; gossip circles & first parties

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

yeah, we're happy, free, confused and lonely at the same time
it's miserable and magical, oh yeah
tonight's the night when we forget about the deadlines
- 22; taylor swift

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

June 12th, 1974 -

The four girls, just like the Marauders, had a set of rules they lived by to get through their years at Hogwarts.

Most important, anything that is shared in the dorm, stays in the dorm unless specified otherwise. That was quite obvious, because the Hogwarts rumor mill was impossible to deal with, so the girls tried to stay out of it as much as possible. Aria easily heard all the rumors from Narcissa, that girl knew everything about everyone. Lily would deal with damage control, while Marlene would spout nonsense about others to change the topic of interest, and sweet little Alice would encourage Marlene with lists of ideas. 

Next, don't turn your back on each other when facing an outside force. Presenting a unified force was crucial, especially when dealing with other houses, specifically Slytherin. The girls were clear to stay out of fights, not only to avoid the rumor mill, but to also warn others that messing with one of them was messing with all of them. 

Third, if you argue with someone in the group, the matter stays between the two, and you have two weeks to figure it out. They had yet to have a severe enough argument to actually enforce the policy, but when Lily went on a tirade about the Marauders, Alice and Marlene stayed out of it. 

There were more, but possibly the most important rule was don't let Marlene get overly excited. It was difficult to control a calm Marlene, with her snarky tongue and bubbly personality, but a hyper Marlene McKinnon amplified the personality completely. She was worse than a child on a sugar high on Christmas morning. No, she would literally bounce on the walls around the dorm, extremely excited in anticipation of whatever event that was occurring that would excite her so much. Unfortunately, it was also practically impossible to calm down a riled up Marlene, so the girls made sure to keep her in check. This task was often relegated to Alice, not only because the pair were closer than Marlene with Lily or Aria, but because of her extremely calm and dreamy disposition. However, nothing, even Alice seemed to be able to calm down Marlene in her current state. The reason she was so excited? 

It was the day of their first official Gryffindor party, and it was absolutely chaotic. To start off, the idea of a party was thrown out at the last minute, so the Prewett twins went begging to the Marauders for help with acquiring food. Now, third years and below were never invited to the parties, however a lot of stubborn bargaining and negotiation caused the twins to relent and invite the third years as long as they stayed away from the alcohol. James was very smug about it, saying his brilliant persuasion skills allowed them to be invited, however Aria completely disagreed, arguing that they were just too desperate and needed food. But, word got around Gryffindor tower that third years were invited to the party, and they were all extremely happy, though they had different ways of showing it.