nine; feasts & fireworks

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

laughter is the water between the rocks,
the wind beneath the leaves,
the breath drawn in, and the exhalation.
it is the force that pushes all things forward,
the pulse, the life blood, the heartbeat of the world.
laughter is the soul of everything.
- laughter; g. boston

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

September 1st, 1972 -

"I met your brother," Aria said to Sirius as she slid into her seat across from him at dinner. 

He immediately stiffened and looked slightly defensive, "And what about him?

She hummed slightly, "Relax Sirius, it was nothing bad. He seems like a really nice person, quiet and shy. He was very worried about you though."

He immediately relaxed and took up a befuddled expression, "Why is he worried about me?"

"He's worried you'd hate him and forget about him once he's sorted into Slytherin."

"Of course he'd be in Slytherin, he's mummy and daddy's perfect child. But I could care less, he's still Reggie," he scoffed. "I may not like Slytherins because they're all slimy, but he's my brother first and foremost, so as long as he doesn't act like an utter twat, we won't have any problems."

Aria smiled proudly and turned to watch the first years be Sorted, Regulus was one of the first, with his last name being Black. The hat was on his head for a long time, and he looked absolutely terrified by whatever it was saying. Just before he could be declared a hat stall, the hat decided upon Slytherin. He let out a visible sigh of relief as he made his way to the green and emerald table. Aria gave him a sly wink before turning her attention back to Sirius who had a dopey smile on his face.

"Sorry mate," Remus whispered comfortingly, but Sirius simply waved it off.

"Why do you look so happy then?" Peter asked, narrowing his eyes ever so slightly.

"The hat hesitated," he shrugged, but as the boys turned their attention back to catcalling at the new first years, he gave a slight disappointed huff. 

Aria reached out and squeezed his hand once softly, before listening to McGonagall call out more names.

"Do they need to be so bloody loud," Lily groaned from her other side, banging her head on the table at the boys' antics.

She let out a bright laugh as James jumped up on the table to applaud the first Gryffindor of the bunch, "It's good house spirit."

"Definitely not just an excuse for them to screech for no reason," Marlene snarked with a roll of her eyes from across the table.