seventeen; summer nights & train rides

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

time files, it flies faster every year
whether or not you're having fun
or living life big or small
or if you're surrounded by fear or laughter,
so make the most of it
flying time; claire cook

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

 June 23rd, 1973 -

Aria had lost track of the number of hours Lily had forced her to spend in the library or the copious amount of coffee cups she had in the last two months of the school year, but her hard work payed off as she boarded the train with very high grades in every subject but History of Magic, which she was incredibly proud of. Especially considering that everyone napped in the class and only Lily and Peter did well, because Lily studied far too much and Peter had a knack for history and the most random facts about goblin revolutions managed to stick in his brain.

But finally as the eight Gryffindors who were officially third years clambered aboard the train, Aria let out a long sigh relief and an excited grin spread across her face as she thought of the fun of the summer approaching. 

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

June 30th, 1973 -

After a week at Potter Manor reuniting with her family and beloved house-elf, Aria found herself in the McKinnon household where as promised, the girls were spending a fortnight. It was long past midnight yet the four girls remained in a circle on the floor giggling as they talked, bowls of chocolate and crips littering the floor. 

"Honestly must you tease me nonstop Marls?" Lily groaned, burying her face in the pillow she was hugging after Marlene had brought up James's crush on her for the thousandth time that night.

Aria broke a piece of chocolate off the bar and popped it into her mouth, swallowing before saying, "I'd get used to it Lils."

"Why must I? He'll get over it soon enough."

Aria laughed at that, eyes shining with mirth, "He's a Potter, Lils. We're possibly the most stubborn people on the planet."

Lily let out a resigned sigh and quickly changed the topic, "What are your plans for the rest of the summer?"

"We're going to visit Mum's family for a week or two," Alice chimed in.

"I'm going to visit my brother in America," Marlene added.

"Nothing much, the boys are coming over four a couple of weeks in July."

"Are they then?" Marlene raised an eyebrow.