nine; remus lupin, quidditch commentator extraordinaire

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

say you'll remember me standing in a nice dress
staring at the sunset, babe
red lips and rosy cheeks
say you'll see me again
even if it's just in your wildest dreams
- wildest dreams; aylor swift

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

November 10th, 1974 -

It was the morning of the second quidditch match of the season, and Aria was incredibly nervous as she headed down to the pitch from the locker room with the rest of the team. The game was against Slytherin, so as usual, the week leading up to it was pure chaos, as almost every time a snake and a lion ran into each other, a duel would break out. Aria had resorted to traveling solely through secret passageways and complicated, deserted routes, thanking her elaborate knowledge of the castle, because there were several Slytherins absolutely determined to hex the Gryffindor seeker, hoping it would throw her off her game.

"Honestly why is it so cold?" Aria complained, hugging herself tightly to try and keep warm.

"It's only the beginning of November," Sirius pointed out with a raised eyebrow. 

"Shut up," she scowled, swatting the boy's arm. 

"You're always cold, but cheer up," James grinned, slinging an arm around her shoulder, much to her displeasure. "Soon enough you'll be up in the air, chasing after the Snitch, winning."

Aria ignored the pointed look he sent her at that, instead focusing her attention on shrugging his arm off, as she rubbed her hands together, trying to regain some sort of feeling in them. She looked up at the cheering crowds, squinting slightly to find her friends. After scanning the crowd a couple times, she was able to find the three girls squealing, with a wary looking Peter slowly scooching away from them. 

"I never thought I'd see Lily so into Quidditch," she giggled quietly to herself, as she mounted the brooms and watched Wood and Flint try to break each other's hands. She scanned the group of Slytherin boys, carefully avoiding Regulus's eyes as she prepared to jump in the air. 

James overheard her and looked up into the stands while mounting his own broom, smirking when his eyes landed on the redhead, decked out in a Gryffindor scarf and hat, smiling brightly, her cheeks rosy and eyes sparkling. But then he noticed Remus was missing, and turned to ask his sister as much. He only received a mysterious smirk and wink in response as the whistle was blown and they kicked off. 

"And they're off," Remus commentated. "And Slytherin has the Quaffle because Potter's too busy staring at Evans to pay much attention. Oi! Pay some attention to the game or you'll lose you idiot!"