four; siblings, sickness, and snape

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

and if the sun starts setting, the sky goes cold
then if the clouds get heavy and start to fall
i really need somebody to call my own
i wanna be somebody to someone
- someone to you; banners

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

October 25th, 1974 -

Aria remembered when she was three, and James, the little terror, would wake her up at the crack of dawn and chase her manor, and all she would do was giggle, because even though she was exhausted and cranky, she loved her brother more than anything in the world. And at fourteen, regardless of how annoying and bothersome her brother was, regardless of how much he made her want to pull out her hair or strangle him, she still loved him more than anything. Not much had changed between them, the words of the promise they made twelve years ago to stick together forever still echoed between them, a tether between them, a connection between their hearts.  

As the twins argued with each other, teased each other, joked with each other, they were lost in their own world, oblivious to their surrounds. Oblivious to the boy who remembered when he and his brother were like that, back before the colors of their robe isolated them. The more time Sirius spent with the Potters, the more he realized what a normal childhood should have looked like. It shouldn't have been protecting his younger brother from the punishments, it should have not been spent being beat down and chastised for wanting a normal childhood. But still Sirius and Regulus were incredibly close, because they were all that they had. He remembered when Regulus would actually snicker at the pranks he would play, how they would laugh over food to cheer each other up when they were feeling upset. But then they were separated into different houses, and everything went astray. Sirius couldn't even remember the last time he and his brothers were just regular siblings, just Sirius and Regulus.

Sirius always felt a sense of longing when he spent time with the Potters, in his eyes they were the perfect family. Euphemia and Fleamont loved their children dearly, and the pair were quite spoilt, but also incredibly gracious. They bantered and teased each other, and no one faced any repercussion for jokingly insulting someone. It was almost a culture shock when he left Grimmauld Place and spent time at Potter Manor. At his own home he was an outsider, but the second he slips out of the Potter Floo, he seamlessly integrates into their life. 

Sirius hated his family without a doubt, but part of him still cared immensely for his brother, though he didn't act like it. He couldn't even recall the last time he had spoken to him, in all honesty Aria probably spoke to him thrice as much. He didn't know what to do about it though, the only way he and his brother would see eye to eye again was for him to conform to his parents' beliefs or at least keep his head down when he was around them, neither of which was even a remote option in his eyes.