eight; halloween chaos & conjured flowers

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

your kiss, my cheek, i watched you leave
your smile, my ghost, i fell to my knees
when you're young, you just run
but you come back to what you need
- this love; taylor swift

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

October 31st, 1974 -

The Halloween of 1974 was perhaps the most unforgettable one yet. It was a day the Marauders pranked relentlessly and would never get in trouble for it, it was a day when people dressed up in flamboyant costumes, and it was a day of feasts and food. Trying to remember to carefully inspect the food, especially when with Marlene who ate anything and everything, was incredibly difficult with the sheer abundance of food available on Halloween. But still, Aria would always love Halloween.

Granted, it was not as much as James, who always declared Halloween was his favorite holiday. No, Aria preferred Christmas, she preferred the pure indescribable joy on people's faces as they received gifts to the mild exasperation they wore when they were pranked some way or another. 

The Marauders started out the prank filled day strong, as the teachers were gifted with neon orange hair as they all walked into the Great Hall for breakfast. It was just a simple color changing charm, nothing too difficult to change, yet it did the job as laughter echoed through the room, and even the professors were forced to crack a few smiles at the situation. Many shot the slowly filling Gryffindor table exasperated looks, knowing exactly who was responsible, but they all collectively let it slide, and Aria knew many of them secretly adored the pranks, though they'd rather die than imagine it. 

It was mildly concerning that the Slytherin table was still empty, but the unasked questions were answered, as a seething Snape walked into the room, his scarf colored a bright pink.

"Merlin, pink is not Snape's color," Marlene giggled, raising her goblet in the direction of the red faced boy storming towards the Gryffindor table. 

 "Potter!" he roared angrily, rounding on James who simply ignored him and continued to cut into his pancakes. "How do I fix this blasted scarf?"

"Oh you can't," Sirius shrugged nonchalantly.

"What do you mean?" he spat venomously.

"He means it won't fade for twenty four hours," Remus explained patiently. "Now would you please leave, you're interrupting our breakfast and terrifying the first years?" 

"This isn't over," he hissed angrily before spinning on his heel and marching away.

"That was rather dramatic," Aria commented lightly, finally looking away from the boys.