fourteen; bets & black family drama

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

it was never my enemies to watch out for...

it was the ones screaming i love you

- anonymous

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

January 18th, 1973 -

Remus woke up after the January full moon to a surprise of a surrounded hospital wing bed, as he jumped up, panic and pure fear surging through his body. But as he spotted the eager, smiling faces of his best friends, he relaxed and sunk back into bed, a weary smile on his face.

"What are you lot doing here? You should be asleep!" he croaked. 

"And not be here with you?" James practically demanded, raising an eyebrow and placing his hands on his hips, looking eerily like his mother. 

"Yes?" Remus tried, sighing slightly. "Look I appreciate it, but I've managed for years by myself. I don't need you lot staying up and trying to help when I can do it myself."

"We know you can do it by yourself," Peter countered earnestly. "But we're here to help and make it even easier for you. We want to be here for you."

And the burden that Aria had slightly lifted off Remus's shoulders, disappeared almost completely as he watched his two friends' encouraging faces, ready to support him through absolutely anything. And not a day goes by that Remus Lupin didn't thank Merlin that James and Sirius barged into his compartment with dungbombs, because it brought him the best friends he could have ever asked for.

"Where's Ari?" he frowned slightly, the girl for once not hovering over his bedside after a full moon.

Peter gestured over to Aria and Sirius sitting next to each other, the former fast asleep on the latter's shoulder, a peaceful smile on her face. 

"They're adorable aren't they?" he squeaked quietly, watching Sirius readjust Aria with a fond expression on his face.

"No they are not!" James scowled petulantly, before grumbling slightly. "He's supposed to be three feet away at all times."

"That's never going to work," Peter snickered. "I don't think you realize it, but those two are literally made for each other."

"Yeah, yeah they are," Remus nodded. "I'm glad she's getting some sleep, it's awful when she stays up the whole night."

"Let's stop talking about my sister and my best friend, thank you very much! Besides, you're lucky she stays up the whole night," James grumbled. "She loves sleep so much, she never stays awake when I'm sick."