eighteen; my friends are children

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

i won't act my age, no i won't act my age
no, i'll still feel the same around you
act my age; one direction

══════ ≪ ❈ ≫ ══════

September 1973 -

The first two months of third year were hectic to say the least. Having three new classes of Arithmancy, Ancient Runes, and Care of Magical Creatures made the days busier and longer, having to deal with more homework. 

In addition, classes were only getting harder as they were beginning to cover more and more complicated material in them.

Defense Against the Dark Arts classes were spent learning about Dark creatures, a topic they had yet to learn about throughout their education so far. Being able to brew the previous year's potions perfectly was expected as the third years were expected to start working on more intricate brews independently. Learning spells in Charms and Transfiguration was expected to be completed much faster as they had far more material to cover this year, and History of Magic was as boring as ever.

But it was the new subjects that were probably the most difficult. Aria seemed to do well at Ancient Runes, and Care of Magical Creatures was practically all memorization, but she was awful at Arithmacy, and spent hours slaving away at the maths. In fact, the only reason she even took the class was because having a basic understanding of the subject was incredibly useful. 

This resulted in many hours spent in the library with Remus and Lily, often Alice too, much to Marlene's annoyance.

The blonde would have to be bribed to spend more than a couple minutes in the library, but with the promise of muffins, Marlene would do anything. She stubbornly believed that the common room was an adequate study place, something Lily strongly disagreed with, saying it was far too loud and there weren't enough books. So Aria, ever the peacemaker, began promising muffins, much to Alice's hilarity. And Aria was one to keep her promises, so she'd sneak out to the kitchen at night to collect muffins, and at this point was seriously contemplating stashing giant muffin baskets in the dorm room. 

Finally the four, or sometimes five, would make their way to the library where hours were spent poring over books. The amount of homework they had compared to second year was immensely more, especially given new classes. On top of that Lily and Aria both had elected to take three new classes, meaning they had more homework than the others. Aria knew she needed to do well in Charms, Potions, DADA, Transfiguration, Herbology at a minimum to pursue her plans as a Healer or Auror. 

Eventually Aria would abandon the others to head down to the Quidditch Pitch for practice. The Gryffindor team was determined to repeat their victory of the Cup from the previous year, and even more so, the Prewett twins were determined to end their last year with a victory. So several times a week, they'd be on the pitch by the crack of dawn, much to Aria's displeasure, or into the late hours of night where the moon was already up.