FIFTEEN

"Gabriella, I need to speak with you." Hotch finally spoke up and everyone stopped talking. I nodded and walked over to the waiting room and sat down with Hotch in a couple of the chairs. He called me by my full first name which does not happen very often when we are talking around each other. He went to speak but closed his mouth again and so I took that opportunity to say something.

"Look, I'm really sorry for being a bitch in there, for not listening to you and for acting out while on a case. There was so much happening, and me seeing Reid almost everyday and those not exactly just being lunch.. I know how he acts, how he talks and the little things that happen when he is in trouble. And he was showing all of them, and I freaked out. But that man in there.." I stopped as I felt the tears sting my eyes, I blinked them back and continued.

"That man in there is the love of my life, and I was not going to let something happen to him. Yes I know I should have never let mine and Reid's personal relationship interfere, but he was going to die if we didn't move quickly. And what I said still stands, I am not coming back to the office, I will transfer somewhere else, but I can't be in a team where my boss, the man I rely on to save my life, doesn't trust me." I finished in a calm tone and tore my gaze from Hotch's eyes.

"I know where you are coming from, and what you did was very immature and could have easily led to more trouble. But you were right. And I wanted to yes get your apology but to also apologize for not believing you and yelling at you in front of the team. That should have never happened and I apologize for that as well. But, If you are willing to hear me out, I would like you to stay on the team." I nodded my head for him to continue so that I could hear what he had to say.

"I am okay with the relationship or whatever you two have going on, but if that interferes with your work again I will not hesitate to have you moved to a different department. You are a great asset to this team and I need both you and Reid. I promise to listen to your ideas and the others more and to lay off taking complete control. So will you please stay?" I looked up again at his eyes and spoke.

"Yes I will, do you mind if I stay with Reid until tonight when he can go home? I can drive us back tomorrow since he is still unconscious from anesthesia and will be tired tonight." Hotch nodded a yes and we both stood up, I hugged him around his waist and he tensed, but soon patted my back and I pulled away. "Thank you." Hotch nodded and walked back to where the team was and I followed. They all looked at me expecting me to be upset as myself and everyone thought I was being transferred after what I pulled. I smiled and gave everyone a thumbs up as Hotch had his back to me.

"So glad you are staying. Fighting for the man you love is so romantic. And now the cat is out of the bag, are you going to say it to his face this time?" JJ said and I laughed.

"Of course I am. He was drugged up last night but I did hear him say it back so I am hoping that he actually subconsciously meant that." I said and sat back in the chair. Me and the girls talked for a while and then Derek joined in asking if we all wanted to play poker. I agreed and Emily beat us every time before we all gave up and started talking about what we were going to do with our few days off. Emily and JJ were going to have a movie night. Derek was going to help Rossi with some home improvement, whatever that meant and I thought about me and Reid. We may be together at that point or I might be crying my eyes out on my couch with cookies.

"Gabby you good girl?" Derek asked and I nodded my head.

"Yeah sorry, just zoned out." After I finished my sentence the door to the rooms opened and a doctor came out. My heart picked up and I felt my breath quicken as well. I was scared.

"Spencer Reid is awake now and is asking for Gabriella Martinez?" The nurse said as she walked up to us. I nodded and followed her down the hall and to the right. The hallway felt like the longest in the world as we slowly walked down it until we stopped outside of the door. "Your name is the first thing he said when he opened his eyes."