TWO

pov- Spencer.

Frank Sinatra is such a beautiful artist his voice is so soothing and also weirdly comforting. I could feel Gabriella's body heat between us and I relaxed, I just met this woman and she seems amazing! Her personality is so free which is something I lack. I hummed softly as I read over the case file. Cases like these always made me angry, taking harmless women and hurting them in a way that strips them of who they are. After reading a bit more I turned to look out the window and watch as the clouds went by. I could hear Morgan and Gabriella talking next to me.

"So how about when you got to field training. Was it just easy for you?" I listened in to the conversation just now realizing that Gabby had taken out the headphones and I was listening by myself. I heard her say that the training was difficult but nothing that she couldn't get through. I huffed quietly as I remembered my training and how they basically let me pass by being the brain asset to the team with little physical compensation. After drowning out the sound again I picked up the file and started reading again. I physically tensed and Gabby turned to look at me.

"Hey are you okay?" I heard from next to me as I felt a hand on my knee, I smiled as I saw the worried look on Gabby's face. I grabbed her hand and squeezed lightly. I saw the immediate blush that followed my action and mentally pat myself on the back for that one. I wasn't really looking for anyone but making a woman smile had to be praised for myself as I am not usually good with women.

"Yeah I'm good, just cases like these are always hard to get through." Gabby frowned and moved her hand back to her lap. I missed the warmth. The way she had curled around mine when I grabbed it. Her softness made me want to hold her hand for the rest of the flight. I looked up as Hotch stood and started to give orders.

"Everyone we are landing in the next few minutes, everyone should remember where they are going, Gabriella and Morgan you are with me we are going to the scene, Rossi and Emily are going to the families houses and Reid and JJ are going to the station, Reid can you please start on the map's and victim profiles." Hotch announced I nodded as I buckled my seatbelt and waited for the wheels to touch the ground. Everyone went their own ways and I stayed at the station with JJ.

"Hey JJ does this look like a repeat here?" I asked while pointing to the map in front of me showing where I thought the possible pattern was. She agreed and then went back to the table where she was organizing data about each person into categories to be able to release to the media without giving out the identities.

"You like her don't you?" She asked and I spun around with a confused head.

"What are you talking about?" I asked and she rolled her eyes at me, like I was supposed to know what that meant.

"You are so terrible with social cues it's scary. And I am talking about Martinez.. You seem very comfortable with her already. Like you have known her for some time." I just stared at her with an emotionless face as the mental battle went through my head.

"She is a good person. I wouldn't say that I would like to be with her. I barely know anything about her other than her academics which is very pleasing to know but there is so much more to a person than that and i- "

"Woah Spence. I was just asking a question. Please don't get defensive over it. I just worry about you. After Maeve I just w-"

"Well don't, and please don't talk about her." I asked and went back to the map. She had no right bringing her up. It's been years and she doesn't need to be spoken about. Yes I haven't had a girlfriend let alone a date since that time but it doesn't mean I'm incapable of doing so. I choose not to pursue going out and finding heartbreak. Maybe I have thought of Gabby in that way briefly but I just met her and I know nothing. I don't know if she is married, has kids, or has a boyfriend. And as her colleague it is none of my business. I tossed the marker on the table and walked quickly out of the room despite JJ trying to apologize to me. I walked out of the front door and went on a small walk.