TWELVE.

Once we arrived in North Carolina the team all headed to the crime scene in 3 separate SUV's except for Rossi and I. I was with Rossi headed to the 3 families houses to ask questions about what had happened. They always say they were asked all the questions you can think of but when we ask it is always different. We ask for favorites, routines, and what they did in their free time. Whether it be a library or just taking walks around certain areas of the city. Families never get asked to think about these things and it may bring similarities between victims.

"So you want to talk about the lucky man? Or boy..." I turned my head in confusion and saw Rossi smirking with his eyes still on the road. This old man knew everything I swear. They more than likely already have a bet placed on us and are waiting to see who is going to be closest. Rossi has been a profiler far longer than any of us and him knowing that me and Spencer have something going on doesn't surprise me.

"What are you implying?" I laughed and Rossi just shrugged. I laughed and shook my head at him knowing he was going to tell me anyway.

"You think I wouldn't notice! I have the second biggest brain on the team. Honestly I'm surprised no one else has figured it out yet." I just laughed and hit him in his shoulder. Rossi let out a belly laugh and gave me a small wink.

"Jeez Rossi you could have told me you knew, you know how long I have been wanting to tell someone that I am sleeping with a genius." Rossi just smiled at me as we kept driving.

"I didn't want to jinx it. You deserve this just as much as he does. You two are perfect for each other. I know you have been through some trauma just from profiling you. Not enough to know what it is but I know you don't like talking about it and you carry it with you. And that boy, he needs someone like you. Independent and caring." I smiled again and thought back on the last 7 months, from the time Spencer asked me to come home with him to now, where he sleeps at my house and wakes me up in the morning with sweet kisses.

Rossi pulled into the first driveway of 3 and her hopped out heading up to the front door. While here in this house all I could do was feel sorry, all cases make you feel this way but these men were so far ahead in life, the man we were talking about right now was going to Yale and came home to visit. He was so smart and was ahead by a year. He didn't deserve this and don't get me wrong none of our other thousands of victims deserve it either, but this was different. He reminded me of Spencer. He was smart, soft spoken and even had some of the same features.

"Hey kid, are you okay?" I nodded slightly but I knew he could tell I was lying. Rossi always knows how I am feeling and can tell when I am upset.

"These men, they are the same age as Reid, they were just getting started. They had so much going for them, they remind me so much of him." Rossi grabbed my hand and gave it a light squeeze. I gave him a weak smile and we were off to our next house. After we were done we headed to the police station but before we got there we stopped at a coffee shop to grab some decent coffee for everyone. I bought mine and Spencer's since I know exactly the way he likes it. I let Rossi treat everyone else though.

"Finally you guys are back, we thought you got lost out there." JJ said as me and Rossi shuffled in with the coffee. Spencer immediately ran up to me grabbing the coffee and started to drink. Everyone else went up to Rossi grabbing their orders and sipping on them lightly. Today has already been extremely long and tiring and we aren't even through the first day.

"You try driving with grandpa." I said sarcastically and felt Rossi bump me making me almost drop my coffee. I glared at him and walked over to where Reid was mapping out the geographic profile.

"Hey hot stuff." I spoke quietly as I walked up behind him, he jumped slightly and whipped around to face me. Spencer gave me a quick peck to my lips after looking to see if there was anyone near us. I smiled at the secrecy that we still had. For now at least.