SEVEN

The bed dipped beside me and I fluttered my eyes open, Spencer sat down on the bed obviously fresh out of the shower. Wearing only some dark jeans. I eyed him as he sat there, some of the water still rolling down his chest as he sat there with wet hair.

"Morning." He whispered and I shoved my head into the pillow, I am still not a morning person after all of these years. Spence chuckled next to me, I glared at him as I turned my head looking up at his cheeky smile. He wiggled his eyebrows again and I groaned at him.

"Coffee." I mumbled and rolled into his side, draping my arm around his waist. Spencer Stood up to grab a towel. Drying himself the rest of the way before sitting back on the bed.

"How about we get dressed, and then we can go to a shop." Nodding as I sat up and walked over to my pile of clothes. Not bothering to go into the bathroom I stripped in the middle of the bedroom. I looked over my shoulder and could see Spencer trying not to look. Right I forgot. This is casual. This means almost nothing. We are still co-workers and we can't have feelings. I shuffled into the bathroom and slipped into my dress. I was being stupid trying to get him to like me in more than a hookup or a co-worker.

"Okay I am ready we can go." Spencer stood up and walked over to me and grabbed my chin. He lifted my head up to meet him slowly bringing his lips down to mine. His lips brushed against mine and then stopped when I turned my head to the side. He was your friend Gabby. No more than a friend. And I need to keep it strictly friend and fuck buddy.

"How about we go to your place?" I was shocked that he had just asked me.

"Spence I can barely walk, maybe another time?" Spencer laughed and shook his head at me before stepping away from me and grabbing a sweater from his closet.

"Oh sweet girl as much as I would love that, I meant so you can change into some comfy clothes." I blushed furiously and pushed my face into Spencer's chest. God I feel like an idiot now. We just had sex last night, why would he already be suggesting that!? I felt the redness on my cheeks and then my ears started to get hot.

"I'm so stupid, I'm sorry Reid I shouldn't have said that." Spencer's arms wrapped around me in a friendly hug and then he whispered in my ear.

"You are not stupid Gabby, I would love to fuck you until you can barely walk again but I also need some coffee." Spencer broke our hug when he walked into his closet again to grab a pair of converse. I cleared my throat and walked into the living room to wait for him while he did what he needed to. Reid sauntered into the living room and up to me. Grabbing my chin again but this time he pushed his lips against mine. I panicked and broke the kiss. Before it could go further. We don't need feelings. No random kisses. I'm not sure what is going on in that big brain but this needs to stay as benefits.

"So coffee right?" I saw a flash of hurt in his eyes but I turned heading toward the front door. This is weird. He seemed like he was sad that I wouldn't kiss him. Should I bring it up? We are just co-workers. We can't be together, they will make us split up, or one of us will be off of the team. I don't want that for myself, and because Spencer is far too genius for them to let go. After stopping at my house for me to change, I drove to a small cafe where we ordered and were now sitting by a small window.

"So Gabby, why is it that you moved to Virginia?" Spencer said while looking at me quizzically. I wanted to run away as soon as he asked that. It was because of my abusive ex fiance who was the epitome of a shit bag. There is no way that I would be going into detail about what he did to me or what I was running away from. I looked up from my coffee and finally decided to answer

"My uh previous fiancé actually, this is where his job is and I was certain we were going to spend the rest of our lives together, I was clueless. I couldn't see that he didn't love me, the uh the way-" Spencer interrupted me. I was thankful because I could feel the tears stinging my eyes and wanted to curl up and just have a cry session.