| 34 |

— WE'RE OKAY
unedited

It was a few days later, and Rinyoung rushed down the stairs from her bedroom to the kitchen

It was a few days later, and Rinyoung rushed down the stairs from her bedroom to the kitchen. She had an early study group she needed to attend.

Dressed in grey sweatpants and a dark red sweater, she appeared in the door way— momentarily halting once seeing the kitchen occupied. At the stove, Donghyuck stood over it with a frying pan in one hand and a spatula in the other.

"Good morning," she announced her presence, shifting her backpack on her back as she neared the island counter.

Glancing up from his scrambled eggs, Donghyuck eyed her up and down, raking his chocolate orbs over her figure.

"Nice sweats." He teased, noticing the change of her usual dressed up appearance.

In response, Rin scrunched up her face sarcastically. "Gee thanks. Cute apron." She nodded towards the pink fabric that hung onto his pajamas.

"Taeyong made me wear it since I have to do breakfast from now on. Everyone's gonna laugh at me." He deadpanned, angrily mixing the eggs in the pan— knowing how the numerous boys in the house would tease him.

Pitying him, Rinyoung sat in front of him. "No one's gonna laugh." She reassured, offering a gentle smile.

Reluctantly the male allowed the corners of his lips to slightly curve into a lopsided grin.

About to speak again, the Im was cut off as a pair of footsteps echoed throughout the hallway. Renjun, Jaemin and Jeno emerged from the entrance, barely awake and appropriately dressed in their sleepwear.

Gazing over her shoulder, Rinyoung immediately turned back around. "Jaemin, don't you ever wear a shirt at home?"

"No ma'am."

"Don't call her ma'am, huh?" Stealing the attention, everyone's eyes averted to Donghyuck. At that second, Renjun bursted out into laughter, his hand instinctively raising to point at the boy's cutesy apron.

"Holy fuck, who gave that to him?"

"No one's gonna laugh, whatta lie." The victim of the situation grumbled, spilling the eggs onto a plate and shoving it towards his soulmate.

Distracting Donghyuck, the boys all gathered around him and started a small banter. "Where's my breakfast?"

"I'm not cooking you breakfast, especially since you guys laughed at me." He tsked, rolling his eyes as the others collectively patted his back.

"Honestly, you'd poison us," Jaemin fired, going over to the fridge to rummage for food.

"I mean.. what else do you expect?" As the group laughed, Donghyuck returned his vision to Rinyoung, locking eyes with her. She sheepishly smiled, her cheeks blushing bright red from the sudden contact.

Clearing her throat, she pushed her empty plate towards the boys. "I'm done. I gotta go and study."

"Wait, didn't you forget something?" The tanned male yelled, walking out from behind the counter and up to her.

"My daily sarcasm from you?"

"No your packed lunch. Your welcome by the way," he pulled his hand from behind his back, shoving a cutely wrapped bento box into her chest— the girl instinctively grabbing onto it. "It's your favorite. I heard you talking to Jaemin about it."

"What's with him?" She whispered, luckily softer than what her soulmate could hear.

The boys in the background couldn't help but holler out from the interaction. "Oooooo!" They cooed, making kissing noises.

"Yah, I'm gonna coat you with the extra batter and fry all of you." Donghyuck snapped, turning around to his friends.

"There's the regular Hyuck."

:,) cute

:,) cute