| 63 |

— A HEIR
unedited

"You practically disowned her!" Jaebum argued, storming after his father who walked ahead of him

"You practically disowned her!" Jaebum argued, storming after his father who walked ahead of him. The pair were now at their building, trudging down the corridor to the older's office.

Hearing their loud voices boom and echo, Mrs.Yoo, the family secretary looked down at her desk, promptly greeting them both just to be ignored as they entered the private room. Just as the grand doors slammed shut behind his oldest child, Jinkyung turned on his heels, a strong scowl plastered onto his face.

"Me? That was your mother who disowned her. I had no say in it," He uttered in disbelief as if offended that his son would think he'd do such thing to his own blood.

"You had no say in it because you're never home," Jaebum seethed, his hand harshly grasping at his tie, loosening it as he could feel heat rage inside of him.

"Im Jaebum,"

"Rin is useless to us anyway! Why would we even need her for the company,"

"Don't speak like that," His father growled, taking large steps towards the younger where he gripped the boy's collars roughly. "I'll have you out of my company just as your mother!"

"How could you even do that to her? Kick her out? You know she'll die from the lack of touch!" Jaebum ripped his father's hands off of himself, stepping back and patting down his suit. He looked back up, seeing his father's lips falter to a deep frown. "She's your soulmate!"

"Me and your mother were never soulmates," Jinkyung yelled— his booming voice made his son freeze. The new information that he had believed all his life to suddenly become false made his heart stop.

"What?" He mumbled, forehead creasing in shock.

"Your grandfathers had set us up for marriage because of some business agreement! Call me a monster, but how she's feeling now— stripped of joy and comfort— is how I felt for the past 30 years of my life,"

Shaking his head, Jaebum wasn't getting anything. "But why Rinyoung? Why not me? I've worked at the company for five years now and i've done everything you've told me to do, I'm older than her and hold much more experience!"

"She has a heir for christ sake!"

"Something you'll never be able to give me!"

. . .

"Why don't we do a makeshift restaurant?" Yuta asked. Collectively all of the 127 members nodded in agreement.

"Yeah, we can decorate the backyard, dress up in suits, cook for yall—"

Cutting off Jungwoo, Donghyuck interjected, "Maybe not cook,"

"Do you not trust us?" Johnny cooed teasingly, throwing an arm over the younger's shoulder.

Blatantly, Donghyuck answered honestly. "Yes,"

"Come on, we'll take care of the date, and you just have to prepare yourself," Mark persuaded, patting the brunette's back. All of the men simultaneously turned their heads to the youngest. It was when their puppy eyes emerged that Donghyuck's serious facade dropped into a look of pure disgust.

"Okay, okay, stop looking at me like that—" He groaned, letting out a sigh of annoyance before turning regaining his composure.

"Wait how are we gonna do all of this and not have her become suspicious?" Jaehyun asked.

"Maybe we make it so that it seems that we're doing it for him, but surprise her in the end?" Taeil chimed.

"Yeah, let's make her do all the labor—"

"Yah, that's a little too—"

Interrupting Donghyuck, Johnny shouted at the top of his lungs. "Rinyoung!"

Immediately the men heard the heavy footsteps of the woman racing down the stairs to where they were in the kitchen. "Yah, Donghyuck get out." Taeyong whispered quickly, though it was too late as they saw the door begin to open— leading the male to drop down to the ground behind the large island counter— out of view.

"What? What happened? Is there something wrong?" she rambled, heaving for air from her urgent run, leaning against the other side of the counter.

"Damn do you think that's as fast as when she runs for dic—"

"OKAY," She blurted, dismissing the other's sentence.

"Anyway, we're thinking of doing something nice for Hyuck," Taeyong whispered, continuing their act of making it real.

"Oh?" She narrowed her brows in confusion, "It's not his birthday is it?"

"No, it's just something random," Doyoung replied, a nervous smile on his face.

"Do you wanna help? Do you love him?" Johnny asked, making both of the soulmates' hearts rise in speed. Before she could answer him, he cut her off promptly with his own. "Of course you do, anyway can you buy the groceries?" He asked, pushing a piece of paper with ingredients scribbled down in messy handwriting.

Knowing she had no other choice, she nodded. "Uh, sure," She looked around at all of them, scanning their slightly off personas. "Does anyone wanna—"

All too quickly, the men replied, "No", deepening her confusion.

"Okay, i'll leave in a few—"

"Amazing, i mean good, we need to start preparing for tonight," Mark laughed awkwardly, reaching over the counter for a fist bump which she reluctantly gave.

"You guys are acting weird—"

"You're acting weird, you silly goose. Now go on," Johnny ushered her out— Rinyoung hesitantly allowing him to while glancing over his shoulder to see the really large smiles on the other's faces.

Once she was pushed out into the Hallway, list in hand, Johnny closed the door and trailed back to the group, where Donghyuck popped up from his hiding place.

"For people who kill for a living, you guys aren't the greatest at lying,"

thoughts ??
also do we like the father ? how we feeling abt everything?