| 29 |

— LEASH
unedited

It's been several hours since Rinyoung's last class of the day

It's been several hours since Rinyoung's last class of the day. It was nearly 12 pm at night, and the girl was nowhere near to sleeping.

She stood in her personal bathroom, staring into her mirror. Her chocolate eyes raked down from her dolled up face to her white cropped shirt and light wash ripped jeans. Though it was a simple outfit she threw on, it fit her perfectly. The denim fabric of her pants hugged her waist and curves properly as the white material of her shirt adorned her chest.

Satisfied with how she looked, she grabbed her small purse that laid on the bathroom counter. It held her essentials, being her phone, wallet and keys.

Tonight she was finally gonna drive her car once again.

Thankful to Johnny, he had gone back to her home earlier today to grab her vehicle for her, as the girl never wanted to step another foot onto that property.

Slipping out of her room, she tiptoed down the hall and down the grand staircase. Her footsteps were light and quiet since she didn't want any of her housemates to wake up.

Creeping towards the front door, she hears a group of footsteps behind her. Turning around hastily, she nearly crashes into a large frame.

Squinting her eyes in the dark, she made out the face of Jisung, which was accompanied by 5 other faces.

"What are you guys doing?" Rin whispered, seeing the group of boys all dressed up. Her eyes shifted from Renjun, who stood right behind the youngest to the boy all the way at the back of their makeshift line, Donghyuck.

"Don't act all innocent. What are you doing at the door?" Jaemin replied back as quietly as he could, peeking out from behind Jeno's broad shoulders.

"Hey! I asked first." The raven haired girl whispered yelled, making a face at the Na.

"We're going to that party everyone was talking about." Jisung answered for the group, his low voice startling the girl a bit.

"Now answer us, where were you going missy?" Donghyuck asked, suddenly interested in her whereabouts of the night.

"The same party, asshole." She stuck her tongue out in a mocking way, before she turned and continued to unlock the door. Following her lead, the boys each slipped past the wooden entrance and into the cold. Closing the door behind her, Rin turns her head forward and was met again with the same group of eyes.

"Do you not think before acting?" Donghyuck hissed as he pushed passed the boys to stand in front of her. His breath gently fanned her nose from their height difference. "Seriously after all the shit you've been through, is going to this dumb party really good for you right now?" He argued lowly. His thick voice made a shiver run up the girl's spine, causing her to shake lightly.

Shaking her head and dismissing the bubbling thoughts, she cleared her throat and spoke back with attitude. "If this is some dumb party, why are you going?"

"Stop trying to avoid the actual question." He ordered, but Rinyoung was never one to follow orders, or at least now compared to before.

"I'm not listening to you anymore." She sang as her hands cupped her ears whilst walking towards her car. The boys chased after her, all trying to convince the girl.

"childish." Donghyuck muttered, trailing behind the scrambling the group.

"Why don't we all just go together?"
"Hard pass."
"What? Why?"
"I'm gonna ride in my car alone."

"How are you gonna get back home? We already have a designated driver, but you'll be stuck at that party drunk and unable to drive." Jeno reasoned, his eyes sparkling as he pleaded for her to ride with them to ensure her safety.

Caught in his valid points, Rin sighed defeatedly and stopped in her tracks, allowing her arms to fall to her sides. "Fine, but I'm riding with Jeno and the younger boys."

. . .

After a short drive, the two sleek cars pulled up to a large home. Exiting the parked vehicle, Rinyoung stepped out onto the lawn and stretched quickly before lowering her arms. 

About walk forward, she lifted her foot and stuck it out, but she was harshly pulled back into a hard chest.

Rin lifted her head and looked behind her, seeing Donghyuck's serious expression.

"Relax your face. You'll get wrinkles." The raven-haired girl quipped, sticking her tongue out mockingly. But as soon as she saw that, no comeback  met her in the middle, her playful expression dropped.

"Stay in my sight." He demanded, his stoic tone failing to falter one bit.

"I'm not your child." Rin fussed as she turned on her heels, crossing her arms firmly.

"You're my soulmate. Same thing." Donghyuck argued back in a 'duh' as if what he said was the most obvious thing.

"Oh really, Mister 'I don't need a soulmate'." The girl rolled her eyes in annoyance. She turned forward again and tried to leave for the party, but his calloused hands wrapped around her small wrist. He pulled her back  and made sure she faced him when he spoke.

"Exactly. I don't need you, but obviously from what I've seen, you need me. Stop arguing with me and fucking listen for once." He growled— his chocolate orbs pooled into hers, almost menacingly as he meant every word he spoke. And, Rinyoung knew he wasn't messing around, but she was stubborn.

Forcefully she grabbed her hand back and tsked in his face. "As if you can differentiate me from all the other people at this party,but whatever, be my guest." Turning, she finally began to walk to the front door of the home, harshly brushing her shoulders against those who preoccupied her way. "Move it, extras."

Renjun came up from behind Donghyuck and lightly patted his back. "Good luck, man."

how we feeling abt the story so far?