| 50 |

— ANY LESS
unedited

"You can leave me, I'll understand," Donghyuck assured her— an honest smile tugging at the corners of his lips

"You can leave me, I'll understand," Donghyuck assured her— an honest smile tugging at the corners of his lips. His eyes held an immense amount of hopelessness. Ever since he heard of the news of Hyun woo, he expected the woman's leave.

How could one bear the fact that their soulmate had made love to another, and became with child? He knew if the roles were reversed and he was in her shoes, he would be immersed in melancholic emotions.

"Hyuck—" She gasped— surprised to know how much he didn't believe in her loyalty to him.

"No, no, it's okay, you can leave. I'm not forcing you to stay, I know that it's a lot, and I don't want you to feel pressured to stay with me and the guys, I'll get you an apartment, and occasionally visit for health purposes only—"

"Hyuck!" She shouted— hands clasping onto the sides of his face to have him meet her desperate eyes, finally getting him to listen to her. His lips pursed into a thin line, physically entranced by her shaking orbs.

"Remember that one night when we drove out to that cliff area,"

The brunette male nodded slowly, recalling the night he had shown some part of himself to her for the first time.

"You told me to listen to my heart, and in this moment, I will. My heart is telling me to stay, to continue to be here with you and help with Hyun woo. We planned on working on us, but we can't do that when there won't be an us," The female sighed from just imagining her leaving him.  "God, you need to stop doing that." She muttered before shaking her head in frustration.

"Doing what?" He questioned, layering his hands over hers and gently removing it from his face.

He couldn't continue looking in her eyes, or else he'd do something— something he didn't know how she felt about. Donghyuck turned his face away, gaze trained on the stuffed bear that sat on the couch.

Rinyoung firmly took his chin between her forefinger and thumb, turning his head so that their line of vision lined up with one another.

"Pushing me away when things get difficult," She stated in a grounded tone, voice unwavering though he could feel the nerves flutter around in her from the vibrations of her touch.

"I push you away, because you deserve better." He argued back— his right hand curling around her wrist and bringing it down between them where he continued to hold it in his light grasps.

"I don't want better, I want this." She ranted, taking a step forward— lessening the distance between them.

Donghyuck squeezed her wrist, adding a small amount of pressure. It took every fiber in his body to hold him back as the proximity closed in on them. "But doing what's best for you isn't always the things you want to do," He responded strictly, though his heart wanted to go against his own words.

"I'm not leaving you," Rinyoung snapped from the pent up annoyance that bubbled in her from his failed attempts of pushing her away. "Stop trying to get me to leave because I won't listen,"

"Don't you hate me?" His loud voice echoed through the empty house— his frustration bouncing off the living room walls. His eyes immediately shot up to hers, seeing something flash in her chocolate orbs.

"Why would you ever think that?" She whispered, instinctively walking closer and attaching her palms to his cheeks to maintain their eye contact.

She searched his eyes for any sign or hint to his question, but they were cloudy— as if trying to hide the contents of his mind away from her.

"I have a child, that's the result of my love for another woman,"

"I don't care that you loved another woman, or had a child with her, I don't care and I honestly don't believe that's a reason to hate you," She assured, caressing the flushed skin of his face. "And, Hyun woo not being my biological child, doesn't make him, or you, any less worthy of my love," Rinyoung mumbled, "I might not be his mother, or any significant person in his life, but I'll continue to support him and help you as best to my capabilities. Donghyuck, we're soulmates and obviously need each other, so i'll continue staying by your side, whether you want me to or not."