| 45 |

—CHAMPAGNE CALLS
unedited

Donghyuck had pulled up to the Valet, he left his keys in place as he exited the car quickly

Donghyuck had pulled up to the Valet, he left his keys in place as he exited the car quickly. He looked forward towards the door, where Rinyoung's side faced. He saw a male worker begin to walk to open it for her, but Donghyuck didn't have none of it.

"Yo, valet, back up." He growled, jogging to the other side of the car, rushing to step in front of him, latching his fingers around the car handle.

Defensively, the staff lifted his arms and backed away.

Shaking his head, the Lee didn't know what came over him, but he knew whatever happened it annoyed him immensely. He pulled her door open, allow her right heel to step out, followed by her next. Soon enough, she stood confidently in front of the restaurant, arm hooked with her soulmate.

Obliviously, she gawked at the grand entrance. Even though they hadn't entered, it was already beautiful, just like she had remembered.

On the other hand, Donghyuck's facial expression hardened as his scowl became more prominent. He glared at the same male worker who shamelessly glued his eyes to Rinyoung. The worse part was that she didn't know as she was fully captivated by their surroundings.

Something bubbled at the pit of his stomach, making his emotions churn. It didn't feel good, and he especially didn't like it.

He squinted his eyes, narrowing his orbs to the staff's name tag.

Gently tugging at her arm, Donghyuck signaled her to begin walking, as their reservation was soon.

They walked forward, arm in arm, one fully immersed in the beautiful exterior as the other was highly annoyed.

As he passed the frame, the doors being held open by the exact worker, Donghyuck halted in his steps, Rinyoung not minding as she gained more time to admire the details. With his free hand, he grabbed a fistful of the staff's collar, dragging him closer, so that the Lee's minty breath fanned the other's nose. He leaned in closer, down to his ear. In a dark and maliciously voice he growled, "Don't stare at whats mine. Got it, Jibeom?"

Finishing his sentence, he released his grip on the fabric, harshly pushing the boy back as he proceeded to walk into the restaurant as if nothing had happened.

Stopping in front of the hostess, Rin had finally removed her attention from her surroundings. She turned to Donghyuck, a cocky grin on her lips. "Well aren't you jealous.." she hummed, squeezing his bicep with her free hand.

In a speed of light, the male's head whipped to her. A boyish smile on his lips. "You heard?"

"Heard? I felt it. Soulmate moments, remember?" She teased, raising her brows playfully. "What do you mean heard—"

"Oh, look our table is ready!" He interrupted, whisking her away before she could get her answer.

. . .

"This is great." Rinyoung cooed, raising her glass of champagne toward the male. Donghyuck, looked away from their provided balcony view and to his soulmate. She held stars in her eyes as she genuinely grinned. It was a happy and serene moment that they both had to cherish, as it has been a while.

Donghyuck raised his glass, clinking it with hers, before they both withdrew and took a heavy sip of the liquid.

"Champagne, a great dinner, a great view and a great date." She concluded, complimenting the boy and his previously unknown skills of planning.

"If it wasn't for my connections with one of the chefs, we would've been at the playground in McDonald's." He replied, shrugging nonchalantly, as if it was nothing.

Hearing the revelation, Rinyoung choked. Her drink had gone down the wrong pipe, prompting her to have a large coughing fit. She continuously hit her chest, as the boy rushed to her aide, patting her back in assistance.

Finally as the irritation subsided, she let out an exasperated sigh. She waved off Donghyuck, sending him back to his seat in front of her. Reluctantly, he moved from his spot and listen, though he was hesitant.

"You okay?" He asked, genuinely concerned, passing his glass of water to her. She gratefully accepted the cup and brought it to her lips. She drank slowly to prevent another fit.

"Yeah," she lowered the glass, "It just caught me off guard. But you know, I wouldn't have mind going to McDonald's instead of this. You didn't need to do any of this really," Rinyoung felt bad that he had gone all this way to make it up to her, when she clearly remembered telling him it was fine and she accepted his apology. The place they were dining at was a very popular high end restaurant, that required a celebrity, elite or chaebol status to make a reservation. The establishment was known to turn down many people, it was a really hard place to book. And knowing her personal struggles with trying to eat here after getting kicked out, the girl knew the large trouble this had brought him.

"It's okay, as long as you're satisfied and happy, I am too, besides one of the chefs were due for a favor anyway." He dismissed her concerns, taking it lightly, even though she was correct.

"Well let's enjoy this night as much as we can, who knows the next time we will be able to even sit in one of these chairs again." She raised her glass, promoting him to do the same. They tapped each other's cups together before having another drink. It was amid his sip, Donghyuck's phone rang. He glanced down at his device on the table, seeing his leader's name illuminated.

"Go ahead and take it." Rin ushered, not minding as she guessed that it must have been important.

He nodded, and excused himself, standing up and walking to a corner of the balcony. He leant against the fine detailed railings, as he slide his thumb across his screen to answer.

"Hello?"

"Donghyuck, you need to come home now."