| 48 |

TEDDY
unedited

"I like animals too! My favorite are ducklings, they're so cute

"I like animals too! My favorite are ducklings, they're so cute."

Donghyuck could hear Rinyoung's voice raise in pitch from her excitement of the conversation. The male peaked into the living room, the shadows of the dim corridor hiding his presence leaving the pair unbothered. His dark orbs were trained on his soulmate. They were glued to her as she caressed the boy's dark head of hair. His eyes moved to hers, which gazed at the little one's bright smile, in pure admiration.

"I like bears! All kinds!" He exclaimed, raising his stuffed teddy to the older.

"Whats this friend's name?" She asked, pinching the small fluffy hand of the bear and shaking it in a tiny makeshift handshake.

Donghyuck continued to watch her in reverence. His palm unconsciously raised to his chest where he could feel the rapid beating. He held so much emotions at that moment that he felt the evident weight on his body

"Fullsun. My mommy named him!" This made both the adults freeze. The raven haired girl's heart plummeted to the pit of her stomach. The child happily shared his toy with the older, passing the stuffed animal into her hands.

"Hi, fullsun," she whispered, brushing the pads of her fingers delicately on the soft fur.

"Youngie," The boy called her newly claimed nickname, having the woman shift her attention to him.

"Yes?"

"What is my daddy like?" He inquired, looking up from his small hands.

Rinyoung sighed as her eyes traveled around the large and spacey living area, and it was until they were caught in another pair of chocolate orbs, they froze. She refused to break the contact as her cherry lips parted and spoke the best words she could string together. "Well, he's quite stubborn, and  way too drowned in his pride, and not to mention a total a— annoyance, yes annoyance."

The little boy stared up at her in question.

"But, that's all an act. He doesn't want to show it constantly, but he is the most kindest and thoughtful man I know. He'll listen when you speak, when other people speak of you, take in the tiniest details, remember what you like, and he will never leave you feeling unprotected."

"From the big scary monsters?"

"Yes," she felt his heart warm in her chest, as finally she broke their eye contact, head falling to scrunch her nose at the younger. "From all the scary monsters and bad things in the world."

And as she finally heard the creaking of the wooden floor, her breath was caught in her throat. Her head shot up— expectant of the man that shared the same name as the bear— and there he was, face gentle and soft.

"Who's this Youngie?" The child asked— his large familiar eyes gleamed up at the older boy in adoration.

"Your father,"

thoughts?