| 9 |

RIPPED AND TORN

Donghyuck's breath was lodged in his throat as he locked eyes with the mysterious woman

Donghyuck's breath was lodged in his throat as he locked eyes with the mysterious woman. Her beauty was on another scale. She was far more beautiful than all the other girls he spent the night with or had taken an interest in. The way her gown fitted at her chest and waist made his fingers itch. Her flushed face and parted lips sparked thoughts that would make any man blush. The way she had an impact on him already, despite not knowing who she was, drove him insane.

Rinyoung cautiously stepped forward towards the group of men whilst staring directly at Donghyuck. Knowingly, the others stepped aside, making a path for the young girl. Her heels were firmly planted to the concrete pavement, stood in front of the male. He narrowed his eyes, gazing as her facial features morph into an unknown expression. She stared up at him, her hazel orbs pooled into his darker ones.

"You're my soulmate." His left eye twitched hearing the word he hated being affiliated with. Donghyuck snorted, rolling his eyes with annoyance.

"Don't kid yourself, princess." He sneered, raking his eyes over her whole body in a judging manner. Despite his silent wishes, Rinyoung was determined. The look in her eyes said it all.

Hastily, she grabbed ahold of his wrist, lifting it up between them. Donghyuck furrowed his brows together in confusion. His heart beated rapidly against his rib cage from the simple touch. Glaring directly at him, the dark haired girl lifted her other hand, and clasped it over his, folding their slender fingers together. Their intertwined hands caused the area around them to glow a vibrant hue of gold, lighting up the once dark alley.

The men who stood leant against the walls were amazed. They had never witnessed the 'first touch' between soulmates and the newly created ambiance amazed them. Mark glanced around him in awe, seeing specs of gold float around the pair.

Their hearts felt full.

Despite his gut feelings, Donghyuck kept his facial expression cold and serious. His heart pounded in his ears, the constant drumming becoming in sync with his foot that rapidly tapped against the ground in frustration.

His fingers released hers as he harshly retracted his hand, pulling it to his chest, rejecting his soulmate.

The bright environment abruptly darkened, the gold specs falling to the ground in a mere second. A harsh wind flowed through the alley, causing Rinyoung to stumble back and fall. Her arms scraped against the pavement as a suffocating feeling enveloped her. She heaved for air, gasping for oxygen, and yet she couldn't breathe. All the air in her lungs suddenly disappeared. The poor girl scratched and clawed at her neck, feeling an indescribable pain flash over her.

Even when she had inhaled a gasp of air, it'd soon result in a coughing fit. The rawness of her throat was unbearable. Along with her lungs, her heart burned in her chest as if it was ripped in half.

The soulmate system was merciless.

Haechan and the others watched in horror, her shrill and pained screams ringing throughout the thick air. Her body was sprawled out on the concrete, her hands gripping at her neck, hitting it repeatedly. Hot tears streaked her red face and pooled to the ground.

This whole experience was new to her, but Taeyong knew everything from just hearing her scream.

He sprinted back to the alley, Doyoung trailing behind him. Rounding the corner, he pushed the crowded males away, shoving them back harshly whilst he cursed at them for just standing there.  The pink haired male sat on the ground in a rush, pulling her head gently on his lap, caressing her hair whilst asking questions of her condition.

"You can't breathe? Is your chest burning?" Rinyoung managed to reply with a small 'yes' between her choked sobs, still clawing at her delicate skin. Fresh blood spilled from the new scratches that decorated her neck, the familiar metalic spell filling their noses.

"W-whats wrong, hyung?" Mark asked, kneeling down beside his leader. Taeyong's head lifted, meeting the frightened gaze of the youngest who stood a few feet away.

"You rejected your soulmate. Now come here, before she dies."