| 56 |

— TALK
unedited

The sun had begun to set, the once blue skies now transitioning to pretty colors of pink and orange

The sun had begun to set, the once blue skies now transitioning to pretty colors of pink and orange. Slowly the bright colors faded to a deep blue, the sun now hiding from the vast night sky.

It had been hours since.

"You shouldn't have done that," Taeyong sighed from across the girl. Him, Johnny, Taeil and Mark all sat on one couch as Jaehyun, Doyoung, Jungwoo, Yuta and Rinyoung sat on the other. The coffee table was previously pushed aside, which allowed Hyun woo stay in the middle of the group. He sat on the newly bought play mat from the boys and busied himself with his bear fullsun.

Removing her eyes from the child, the woman finally replied after a few moments of silence. "I couldn't help it. Wouldn't you like to know what was happening if you were in my situation? I could've died, yes but i didn't. That doesn't matter anymore. What matters is his well-being right now. Who knows what's happening to him at this very moment or where he is right now," She ranted, her nimble fingers of her right hand finding her dark locks— tugging at her roots in utter frustration.

"He'll be fine, kid." Jaehyun patted her back in comfort, a lopsided smile residing on his lips.

Rinyoung turned to him, nodding in gratitude before redirecting her stare back to the leader.

"Did he mention anything when he texted you?" She asked, eyes drowning in desperation as she hopelessly wished for an answer.

The poor girl has been on edge for the past several hours. She paced around the living room for the first half— declining all invitations to sit down or to eat or drink something. All she cared for was Donghyuck.

Glancing to his phone in his hands, Taeyong watched as it automatically lit up from its artificial intelligence recognizing movement before raising his eyes to hers. "He just said four guys were watching you three since you bid goodbye to your realtor. It's unclear whether or not they want something with him or you, but he just wanted you to be safe and handle it himself,"

In annoyance, Rinyoung pushed herself off the couch, again beginning her frantic steps as she walked back and forth— one end of the living room to the other.

The boy's followed her with their sympathetic gazes— they practically felt the nerves and worry that radiates off her.

"He should have told me at least some major
details! He always does this, he always does things alone. He carries the burden alone! Doesn't he know that soulmates are with an s meaning it's plural! That it's a team of two. We're practically in it for forever! He should know that if we're gonna be soulmates, he has to be honest—" The raven haired grumbled allowed— her arms being thrown up habitually from the resurfacing feelings she had urged down from when she was dragged back into the house.