| 25 |

DOGGY

After finishing breakfast, Donghyuck, Rinyoung and the other dream members filed out to the living room— Taeyong trailing behind them with a watchful gaze

"Bring her to wherever she needs to go, and come straight back here. We have something planned that needs to be done," The oldest in the room announced, giving the tanned boy a knowing look. "And you," he paused for a brief moment, his eyes shifting between the boy and his soulmate. "—don't cause her any trouble. Or I'll have you skinned."

"Yeah, yeah, alright grandpa. Go back to the kitchen with the others before you hold us back further," Donghyuck waved Taeyong off— his other hand gripping the Im's wrist. "We'll be back soon." And with his final words said, he dragged the girl out of the large home to a large van, the other boys following along. "Where to, your highness?" He mocked her status, opening the car door for her, allowing for Rinyoung to slip into the passenger's seat, before he slammed it shut.

"Take me to the nearest ATM, then we can go from there." The girl mumbled, her eyelids falling shut with the fatigue from last night. The doors at the sides closed promptly, causing the engine to start and maneuver out of the driveway.

As she rested— or at least tried her hardest too— Donghyuck stole blank and mysterious glances. They weren't too long nor too short, and yet he felt like he was doing a good job at sneaking it. Funny enough, Rinyoung knew he was staring. She felt his eyes linger, to the point she wanted to open her eyes and stare back. But, she was too late as his attention was diverted elsewhere.

Jaemin scooted to the edge of his seat, sat between Renjun and Jeno, and he leant forward between Donghyuck and Rinyoung. His elbows rested on the console as his left arm extended— his fingers fiddling with the controls of the radio. The music switched between various genres and artists, annoying the living hell out of the driver.

"God, could you be anymore indecisive?" Donghyuck snapped, frustrated with Jaemin's assault to his poor ears.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." The blonde-haired boy remarked, continuing to change the radio stations until finally settling on a slower, gentle song. Hearing the familiar tune, the pair who sat at front, sat up straighter as Jaemin pulled back.

Rinyoung's eyes finally opened. She blinked quickly, adjusting to the bright sun rays then her orbs drifted to the passing buildings outside of the clear panel of glass.

"What is this song?" Renjun asked aloud, his fingers falling into a steady beat on his knee,

"Sweet by cigarettes after sex." Donghyuck and Rinyoung replied simultaneously, their voices laying over each other in harmony.

Both of their heads shot in the other's direction, sucking in a sharp inhale of breath from surprise.

"We get it. You're soulmates." The chinese grumbled, flattening his hand onto his knee before turning his view away from the startled couple.

"He's just jealous," Jaemin teased, throwing his arms around the boy, snuggling him into his body. "Don't worry, Jun, if we don't find our soulmates by 35 I'll marry your distraught ass."

"I am not distraught, I'm simply just unpleased with my situation." The boy's words were bitter making the Na laugh loudly in his ears, prompting him to be pushed away.

"And Taeyong hyung says we're too young to join missions, yet here in front of us, they're acting like kids."

"Jisung I swear to god—" Both boys began, but as they heard the familiar words from the other, they instantly stopped.

"So, Rin, how have you been liking our tiny city?" Jeno asked, ignoring the bickering four— Chenle joining to help Jisung in his argument.

"Tiny city?" The girl questioned, confused.

"He means, our house. We call it our little city because it certainly feels like it. Like morning traffic for the main bathrooms, road rage when you cross someone and of course everyone is so fucking loud even if it's 1 am." Donghyuck complained, his knuckles turning white at the thought of it.

"Oh, well.. I mean I see it more as a family dynamic. It's honestly so beautiful."

"Sounds like you've never had one, huh, Im? Don't worry you can be the dog." The driver light-heartedly joked, expecting a playful push or a teasing remark back, but all he met was a tensed stare.

Rinyoung's orbs shook uneasily, her stomach bubbled with an all too familiar emotion— but before she could release the pent up feelings, her head turned forward, redirecting her gaze and mind else where. She's buried those thoughts for so long, but he kept pushing and pushing. He was gonna be the end of her.

"Stop the car and pull over. There's an ATM right there." She muttered through her teeth, venom spilling from her lips.

Confused from where the tone change came from, Donghyuck nodded silently before doing as she said. As soon as the car was parked, she quietly pulled a cap over her head and hopped out— slamming the door shut.

"You're a dick, Hyuck."

sorry for the late update, I've been busy :/ but I'll be trying harder to fit watt in my sched