| 69 |

— THEN THERE WERE ONLY TWO
unedited

"What do you want?" Donghyuck asked in a bored tone

"What do you want?" Donghyuck asked in a bored tone. The male sat at the bar, one hand holding a short glass cup, his wrist turning as he swirled the hard liquor around with the ice. The clanking noise of the solid water was the only thing he heard for a few moments before the man stood in front of him began to speak.

"I want Rinyoung back at Im Group,"

The simple singular sentence brought laughter out of the tanned.  He dropped his head down, his cup landing on the wooden surface of the counter— as he shook his head— chuckling at the statement.

"That's an odd request for a family who disowned her," He mused, raising the glass from its position to his lips— taking a small swig of the bittersweet liquid.

"Do you think this is funny?" Another man scoffed, taking a step forward towards the cocky male, before being held back by another.

"Jackson," The guy insisted, pulling him back, as Jaebum himself too decomposed himself.

"You're only ruining her," Jaebum breathed out. "You're restricting her from her true potential. Do you think you really can help her accomplish her dreams and have the life she deserves? What are you? A gang member? You think she wants to be attached to a blood-stained man who had a child with another woman? You're only hurting her more. She wakes up everyday to the fact that your son isnt hers."

Donghyuck stood up abruptly— slamming down his glass, some liquid splashing to the hard wooden surface. His hands shot out to the older's collar. He drew the man closer, the others around instinctively stepping closer, though they stopped when Jaebum held up his hand.

"You've got some nerve to bring that into this conversation," The tanned growled maliciously— his voice deep and raspy with rage. "I love her."

"If you think holding her back is love, then I feel sorry for her," The other taunted. "We both know you can't give her everything she deserves,"

"Allow us to take her back home,"

"Home, that was never her home. You're delusional to think that place was ever comforting for her,"

"You only believe that because they told you to believe it," Donghyuck scoffed, rolling his eyes in disbelief.

"Are you insane?" She clicked her tongue. "I think I'm fully capable of thinking on my own," Rinyoung hissed.

The tanned male laugh aloud sarcastically. "Obviously you're not aware of your own decisions, because you don't make them," He spoke. "Honestly maybe you should leave, because obviously you need someone to control you to live."

"You're going too far," She muttered, jabbing her finger to his chest.

"Does it really matter to you? You always say others words don't matter to you, huh? Who am i to affect you if i'm not even acknowledged as your soulmate anymore. I'm a no one to you,"

"You're dead to me," She seethed, pushing him backwards. The woman stormed past him, her shoulder shoving against his harshly.

"I knew you always didn't love her," Jaebum laughed, patting the boys back as he left.

"As if you do," He growled in reply.

sorry that it's short :,) hope it's still impactful