| 16 |

— TURNED.

The pair sat across from one another, a plastic table separating them, in front of a convenience store

The pair sat across from one another, a plastic table separating them, in front of a convenience store. The bright lighting of the shop illuminated their blank expressions, as they thought in silence.

Millions of thoughts swirled around Rinyoung's mind. There were two sides clashing against each other. Her conscience told her to end it now, obey her mother and put him in his place. She couldn't be embarrassed again. Yet, her soulmate bond tugged at her heartstrings, requesting for her to be consumed by the uncanny emotion.

Her thoughts were jumbled, until finally, inhaling a sharp breath of air, she chose a side. And she hoped, it was the correct choice.

"That was a mistake."

Her venomous words surprised Donghyuck, as he shared the same idea. But oddly enough, he was enraged. Perhaps it was his ego and pride getting the best of him. Who was she to say that to him? He should be the one to let her down and rip her heart out.

Ironically it was the opposite of the reality he's been living for the past several years.

"Did you really think you'd be more than a one night stand? Don't kid yourself. Take that as a pity gift for shooting that guy, hun."

His words stung, like salt rubbed on a fresh wound, making her wince. Nonetheless, she nodded, as she had dug her own grave. She couldn't go against her own words now.

Donghyuck's phone broke the silence. The screen lit up, showing a new message from someone, Hyejin. Did he have a girlfriend?

The boy cursed under his breath, picking up his phone as he began to read the text.

A new sight presented itself in front of Rinyoung, as she watched as something awoke in his eyes. Something foreign.

"I have to go."

"Can I have a ride—"

"No."

"Oh, my soulmate is such a gentleman." She cooed sarcastically, rolling her eyes. Without retaliating back, the boy left, driving off at an illegal speed.

She watched the car disappear into night streets, slowly fading from her vision. "Tch, asshole. Don't kid yourself." Rin mocked him, doing a hand puppet as she spoke.

"I am Im Rinyoung and Kim Young, and both ladies don't need a soulmate." The girl tried to hype herself up with a small pep talk but even after, she felt more pathetic.

"What am I doing with my life?"

SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER 😔