| 59 |

— AT LAST
unedited

"How are you so good with him?" Donghyuck asked

"How are you so good with him?" Donghyuck asked. He fashioned two plates of dinner leftovers, knowing that she didn't eat yet from the extra growling in his stomach.

Rinyoung leant against the door frame, arms crossed tightly over her chest from the nightly breeze that swept through the whole house. She shrugged nonchalantly. "I've always liked children, and because of that I've always gravitated towards daycare jobs," She spoke with a sense of nostalgia peaking through her soft tone. The dark-haired female looked down, her eyes tracing over the wood pattern of the tiles.

"What about you?" Suddenly her head snapped up, catching the stare of her soulmate.

"Me?" He quipped, startled by the sudden eye contact and question, though he didn't once falter in his strong gaze.

"Yeah, I've always wondered how you're not awkward or uncomfortable with Hyun woo. I know he's your son and you feel this parental emoticon take over you, but you're a first time parent?"

Donghyuck removed his orbs from hers, and allowed them to roam as he pondered his answer.

As a comfortable silence loomed over the pair, the sound of the food in the microwave and their small breaths replaced their voices.

Momentarily, they were in their own worlds.

One trying to read him, as the other delved deep into the memories that wished despair on him.

He heaved a sigh, instinctively reaching his hand up to run them through his brunette hair.

"Back before I lived with the boys, I lived with my family. My mom, dad, and three younger siblings— two girls and one boy." Shifting his eyes back to her, he felt something weigh heavily in his heart. "My parents were never home. My dad being the deadbeat he is, gambled and fooled around while my mom worked from early morning to the latest hours of the night,"

"Oh, Hyuck," She gasped, hurriedly pushing herself off of the door frame and walking to him. She rounded the counter, and attached herself to his side. Naturally, the warmth of her palm met his back and slowly caressed him in attempts of offering comfort. She could feel the amount it took for him to speak of this subject.

"With no parent present, I had to take care of my younger siblings. Until my father got thrown in jail and my mom got laid off. At first I was working at a convenience store, but that barely did anything. Luckily Taeyong found me and offered to help me and my family, and so here I am," He finished, turning to the side to see Rinyoung already staring up at him— eyes gleaming with tears that didn't dare to spill.

"Why are you crying?" He panicked internally— frozen to his feet.

Roughly, the woman rubbed her eyes with the sleeves of her sweater, ridding the beads of sadness.

"I'm sensitive, but don't mind me. Are you still in contact with your family?"

Reluctantly, he replied, "Yeah, but barely. My mom doesn't like that this is how I'm getting my money, but she still thanks me when I give her the envelope."

"Can I meet them? Wait never mind, that's probably too much to ask. I'm sorry, but thank you for telling me—"

"I think it's about time you and Hyun woo meet my family," He interrupted her small tangent, fully turning to face her. He placed his hands on each of her shoulders, lovingly rubbing them up and down as he saw tears well up in her honey eyes once more. "You're such a baby," He mumbled, watching as one tear finally fell. It didn't take too long for more to follow.

"I just feel overwhelmed," She gasped through her tiny sobs, her boys shaking in whole.

The male raised a brow in question, unsure if it was a good or bad thing.

"It's a good overwhelmed,"

After their sincere and genuine exchange, silence enveloped them in a tight hug. Tension built simultaneously as they continued to share eye contact. None of them moved until naturally, a force lulled them towards one another. Their eyes lost focus as they glanced between the other's eyes and lips.

The pair inched in. Loudly in their ears, their heart couldn't stay still as they shared one breath between them— a few inches away from something they each longed for.

Rinyoung gripped the fabric of his shirt tightly between her fingers, absolutely captivated.

Donghyuck couldn't hold back either, his hands latching to her face to cup her cheeks.

Their eyelids habitually fluttered down— feeling their lips softly brush against each other.

Suddenly, wasting no time, Donghyuck captures her mouth in a delicate osculate. They molded together sweetly— sharing a moment of vulnerability and warmth.

Sparks ignited in her stomach— infatuation flurrying around her heart as emotions she couldn't describe in words crashed over her in one large wave.

Their lips detached, momentarily drawing backwards to allow their orbs to pool into the other's.

It was a quick few seconds before Rinyoung went on the tips of her toes, pressing her lips back to his.

"The food," Donghyuck mumbled against her mouth, though not minding the extended kiss that they shared.

"I'm not that hungry for food,"