| 1 |

— TAINTED PEARLS

Sex, money, and blood

Those three words easily had Donghyuck riled up. The young male basically lived and thrived off of those three aspects of his peculiar life. 

Despite his young age, he was amongst many others, in a gang. Scars littered his body-- engraving memories of his reckless actions onto his taut skin. Blood spilled over his hands and slipped through his fingers on multiple occasions. And, many times he would stare at his bare palms, whether torn or unblemished, and he would question his own capabilities. He would truly never know, but Donghyuck wouldn't change it any other way.

His life was basically a never-ending thrill. His adrenaline would not stop pumping through his blood and he liked it that way. Every single day he risked his life, but he couldn't care less as he loved the way his heart pounded in ears and his nerves had him wound up to spring into action at any time. He felt alive, and he surely wouldn't stop his lifestyle anytime soon, and not for anyone.

On the other side of the spectrum, Im Rinyoung lived the complete opposite.

Being the daughter of a successful CEO piled bricks of pressure onto her shoulders. She lived the way her parents wanted her to. She was a lady, wore skirts and dresses with heels that could easily trip her, but at a young age, she had gotten used to the constant feeling of walking on a tightrope. Both physically and emotionally.

The young girl would never be seen in anything but designer and brand named clothing. She could easily be pointed out in a crowd with the way her chin was held high with grace and confidence. She also had a specific diamond necklace that hung around her neck at all times.

Rin studied biochemistry, on the path of a surgeon-- that her parents had set her upon. She worked hard and never let her work be less than what was expected from her, but more.

All of South Korea knew the 19-year-old girl, the daughter of Im Jin Kyung, and nothing else.

Despite the numerous amounts of people who would kill for her life, she hated it. Rinyoung wanted nothing more than to just be a normal adult, to be able to do whatever she wanted and dress however she wanted. She felt suffocated in her own home, and she drowned in her title.

She was alive, with a pulse and a steady heartbeat, yet she didn't live.

In search of the life she truly wanted to live, the young girl created an alias. Kim Young, an illegal street racer, famously known for the masquerade mask she always wore at her races and her dark red heels.

Every Friday night, the Im would sneak out of her bedroom, her body adorned with ragged jeans from a local thrift store, a simple top found at the bottom of her drawer, and a dark leather jacket with her signature heels and mask. Driving her sports car, she'd go to the outskirts of Seoul where she was able to inhale a breath of her favorite moments.

 Driving her sports car, she'd go to the outskirts of Seoul where she was able to inhale a breath of her favorite moments

I hate this introduction chapter sm