Third Group: Cleril

Peril's POV

We laying down and staring at the stars on the Sky Kingdom. Clay was pointing and making guesses as to what the stars look like. I laughed along as Clay said that the Big Dipper looked like a chicken leg. 

"Peril...can I ask you a question?" Clay wondered. I laid on my side and nodded. "Why didn't you say I love you back?" he whispered. I looked up and sighed. 

"I don't know what love is," I murmured. "I was always treated like a piece of crap and I thought that was love. But when I found out that Scarlet was just using me...that changed my whole concept of love. 

"That's why I couldn't say that I loved you. It was because I didn't understand what love was. I still don't. And I'm scared that if I don't say I love you then you'll think that I don't love you. But...I just don't understand the concept or the idea of love," Peril whispered. Clay placed his hand on my cheek and pulled me closer to him. 

Clay didn't flinch when my firey skin touched his. "Peril, love is when you can't live without the person. Love is something that you feel when you care deeply for someone. Love is...is...is this," he purred. Clay placed his lips on mine and I kissed him back. 

This kiss was unlike no other, it was meaningful. It was tranquil and yet vigor. I liked it, maybe I love him. I certainly care deeply for Clay. I kissed him back and placed my hand on his chest. "Clay, I have to wait until I'm married," I whispered. Clay pulled away and nodded. 

"I understand," Clay said, with a smile. Oh gosh, I do love him. 

"I love you," I whispered. Then I smiled. I said it. I said that I loved him. 

"I love you too, Peril," Clay smiled. We stayed in each other's arms until I fell asleep. However, I felt the rock as Clay walked me back to my room.